Boundless: Study Away Scholarship
The Boundless: Study Away Scholarship for CIS Students can be utilized on a study away experience, including domestic and international study away programs, student exchanges, internships, volunteer opportunities and research. Scholarship can be applied to virtual program experiences. Program must be a minimum of two weeks in length.
Applicant Eligibility (applicant must qualify in all categories)
- Degree-seeking OHIO students.
- Center for International Studies (CIS) students: undergraduate major, minor and certificate students, graduate students or Global Leadership Center students.
- Applicants must have identified their study away experience, even if still in the planning phase.
Application and Personal Essay Instructions
Applications must be completed in one login session. If you log out, your work will not be saved. Have all required information and materials ready before you start an application.
- Short Essay Prompts - All Applicants
- Tell us about yourself (This is a chance for the scholarship committee to get to know you. You may want to identify how you fit the scholarship criteria).
- Describe your prospective global experience (study, intern, volunteer, or research experience on site or virtually) and what factors led you to select this opportunity and the length of the experience.
- Why do you want to participate on your selected global experience (Please consider the following questions: what do you hope to gain, how does your experience fit into your future academic and professional plans, how will your experience allow you to share your experience with the OHIO community and/or the world)
- One Reference: You will be required to list one reference in your application. Please download the OGO Scholarship Reference Guide and include it in your email to your reference, as it containing helpful information for your reference writer. References should submit letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Estimated Program Cost - You are also required to submit a cost estimate for your intended program. You may upload a Student Budget Worksheet from your OHIO study away program or estimated costs from a provider program. Alternatively you can download the OGO Budget creation form here: https://bit.ly/budgetcreationform. If you have any questions about this requirement please contact the Office of Global Opportunities to work with an advisor.
For an overview of the questions in the application system, please click here.
- Summer 2021, Fall 2021, and Academic Year 2021-2022 Programs: Friday, February 15, 2021 at 11:59pm
- Winter Break, Spring Semester, and Spring Break Programs: November 1, 2020 at 11:59pm (application to open August/Sept)
Applicants are responsible for ensuring that all application materials, including references, are received by the application deadline.
Boundless is now part of the OGO Common Application for scholarships. Through the common application, OHIO students will be able to apply for multiple scholarships in one place. For an overview of the questions in the application system, please click here. If you have any questions please reach out to email@example.com or schedule a drop in appointment here.