To engage OHIO faculty and students in collaborative, multi-disciplinary global health education, research and outreach.
To be a global leader in the development of health professionals with the capability to promote health among diverse and underserved populations.
- Expand and enrich opportunities and outcomes related to global health community-building on awareness, education, research, and outreach/service
- Prepare students to work in a global context with diverse and underserved populations
- Encourage primary care and a community-based approach
- Embrace local health efforts as a vital component of global health
- Foster understanding of connections among sociocultural and environmental factors and health from a global perspective
- Provide a foundation for students who are seeking careers in global health fields
- Encourage global health engagement of faculty
- Promote learning and information exchange regarding global health