Newly Admitted Students
Welcome to Ohio University and congratulations on joining the Center for International Studies! We are excited to have you as part of the Bobcat Family and we will be happy to help you throughout your time on campus.
We hope you will stop into the Yamada International House when you arrive in Athens. Our office is located at 56 E. Union St. (on the College Green, at the top of Jefferson Hill and near Templeton-Blackburn Alumni Memorial Auditorium.) We look forward to meeting you and assisting you during your time at OHIO.
Undergraduate Orientation Programs
Bobcat Student Orientation connects the new students, either first-year or transfer, with the people and resources they need to transition into OHIO with confidence.
CIS Graduate Student Orientation
Graduate College Orientation
Orientation for new Ohio University Graduate Students for the 2017-2018 academic year will be held on Thursday, Aug. 24, 2017, beginning at 9:30 a.m. in the Baker Center Ballroom. This orientation is REQUIRED of all new graduate students.
International Student Orientation
Information for All Incoming Graduate Students
- Your “My OHIO” Account: If you haven’t done so already, please log in to your student account. Among other things, through that website you can officially notify the graduate college of your intention to enroll at Ohio University. Also, many of you still have official documents that you need to submit to complete your admissions process (such as submitting official transcripts to the graduate college when you arrive on campus, etc.). You can identify the status of those matters through your “My OHIO” account, so please check that as soon as possible.
- Orientations: All Center for International Studies incoming students will need to attend the Graduate College Orientation and the Center for International Studies orientations. International students are additionally required to attend the International Student orientation. It important to attend all of these orientations, as each one will cover different materials.
- Graduate College Student Orientation: The university will hold a general orientation for all new graduate students on Thursday, Aug. 24, 2017 in the Baker Center Ballroom
- Center for International Studies Orientation: There will be an orientation session for all new graduate students in International Studies on Friday, August 25, 2016 from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm, in Bentley Hall.
- Registering for Classes: Center for International Studies graduate students will be able to register for the fall semester during the afternoon of Friday, August 25.
Information for International Students
Arrival: Make sure your flight reservations are to Columbus, Ohio (Port Columbus International Airport). Transportation options from the airport to Athens are noted on the International Student and Faculty Services (ISFS) website. You are expected to check in with International Services at the Walter International Education Center after you arrive on campus.
International Student Orientation: Ohio University required orientation for international graduate students will be held on Tuesday, Aug. 14-18, 2017. Orientation for international undergraduate students will be held on Wednesday, Aug 21-25, 2017.
TOEFL requirement: All international students are required to take a new TOEFL test administered by the Ohio Program of Intensive English. The only exemption from this test is for students who have already met the Center for International Studies’ requirements of a 550 and a 5 on the writing. There will be a TOEFL Orientation session on Monday, August 21, 2017. The official TOEFL test will be held on Tuesday, August 22, 2017. Addition information will be available through International Student and Faculty Services.
For additional information, contact the Center for International Studies by calling our offices at 740-593-1840 or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
Campus and Community information
- Bursar’s office
- Campus Map and Tour
- Graduate College
- International Student and Faculty Services
- Athens Community