Graduation Requirements: In order to be granted graduation clearance the following is the student’s responsibility.
- Your GPA must be 3.0 or above
- If a course is being counted toward degree hour requirements (48) it must have a grade or CR recorded.
- Your DARS will assist you in completing the graduation check sheet.
Graduation Check Sheet Instructions:
- Your check sheet must be filled out with your program director. Please contact your director to make an appointment.
Your check sheet must be typed. When making your appointment with your director, download the check sheet onto your device and fill it out electronically.
- If you do not have Adobe Acrobat on your computer, you can download it here from the OIT website. All university computers, such as the computers at Alden Library, also have Adobe Acrobat.
- The check sheet should list all of the courses that you have taken that meet your degree requirements. Be sure that you list courses by requirement, not by semester. Total hours must be at least 48.
Once the check sheet has been completely filled out with your program director’s approval, you can either print it and turn it in to Bri or Elana at Yamada International House, or you can save and email it to them at
Your check sheet must be turned in to Bri or Elana by the end of week 10 of the semester you intend to graduate (that is six weeks before finals week). Without your check sheet we can not confer your degree.
- If you are graduating in the summer, you should turn in your check sheet by the beginning of the second to last week of classes for the full summer term (four weeks before Fall semester starts).
- Once received, Bri or Elana will go over your check sheet and your student file to make sure that everything is in order. Please check your catmail frequently for messages from them. If you need to turn in a form or if we have questions we will email you. It is vitally important that you answer those emails in order to receive your degree.
- If you have any questions about the process, email email@example.com or call 740-593-1840.
Graduation Check Sheets:
Communication and Development Studies
Internships: Students completing an internship must have the internship packet forms completed, signed and on file to receive credit. If you registered for INST 6910 an internship experience paper must be submitted following the internship guidelines. 5 hours can be counted toward degree requirements.
Service Learning Project: ComDev students must document a successful experience to the Program Director. The student requests the supervisor of the project to send an email or letter stating such to the Program Director. A grade is given once this documentation has been received.
Capstone Requirement: Students must successfully complete one of the three options:
1) Final Comprehensive Written Exam
Comprehensive exams are taken in the student's last semester. Please contact your program director to schedule your exam. Latin American Studies students who sit for the written exam will also have an oral presentation.
2) Professional Project
Students will submit a final copy of the project. Attach the Project Evaluation form with appropriate signatures to the front. Also save a copy and submit along with the final product. The final project is due the 10th week of the semester.
Click here for more information.
Students will need to submit the following:
- Arrangements for Thesis Oral Defense
- Report of Oral Thesis Defense with appropriate signatures
- Evaluation Forms signed by the committee and Program Director
- Submit the electronic thesis to the ETD Office in conjunction with their deadlines.
- Click here for more information on submitting documents.
You cannot be cleared for graduation without the above forms completed and in your file.
If you have any questions as to whether you will be cleared for graduation, please check with your Program Director.