The Boundless Scholarship provides support for any Center for International Studies undergraduate or graduate students (majors, minors, certificates as well as Global Leadership Center students) pursuing a variety of study away experiences, including domestic and international study away programs, student exchanges, internships, volunteer opportunities and research.
Eligibility (applicant must qualify in all categories)
- Degree-seeking OHIO students.
- Center for International Studies (CIS) students: undergraduate major, minor and certificate students, graduate students or Global Leadership Center students.
- Awards must benefit a study away experience, including domestic and international study away programs, student exchanges, internships, volunteer opportunities and research.
- Applicants must have identified their study away experience, even if still in the planning phase.
- Minimum duration of travel will be two weeks.
Application and Personal Essay Instructions
Applications must be completed in one login session. If you log out, your work will not be saved. Have all required information and materials ready before you start an application.
In the personal essay, tell us about yourself and describe why you wish to study, intern, volunteer or conduct research away and how the experience fits into your academic work with CIS. What factors led to this decision? What do you hope to gain from and what do you anticipate will be the impact of your experience? What initially inspired you to travel to this particular host location? In addition, describe your proposed study, intern, volunteer, or research experience and what factors led you to select this opportunity and the length of stay on-site. This essay should be double-spaced and one to two pages long. You will be prompted to upload the essay to this application.