Student Opportunities and Events
The Institute of International Education (IIE) is pleased to announce a competition of the Richard A. Horovitz Fund for Professional Development for the 2019-2020 academic year.
The Horovitz Fund is dedicated to African artists and scholars in the humanities and social sciences. Award winner(s) receive funds to defray educational costs for one academic year.
To be eligible for the Richard A. Horovitz Fund for Professional Development, one must:
- Be a citizen of a sub-Saharan African country
- Be a graduate student, researcher or artist in a program at an accredited U.S. university, cultural or artistic institution (on a F or J visa)
- Specialize in the humanities or social sciences
- Demonstrate academic achievement, by transcripts and letters of recommendation from faculty members
- Demonstrate financial need
- Not be currently funded by an established education grant program
Qualified candidates should contact Horovitz@iie.org to request an application. Completed applications should be submitted to IIE no later than May 13, 2019.