Attend Our Events
Throughout the year, the OGAIS units have events designed to engage, educate and entertain the OHIO community. All events highlight the incredible work done globally by the students, staff, and faculty at Ohio University. Click here for upcoming events.
Think Globally, Act Locally
While striving to lead the University to be informed, relevant, accessible, and distinctive to lead globally for good, we also urge YOU to consider the health of the entire planet and the universe and take action in your own communities. Click here to find ways to get involved . Together we can reach our vision to be the nation's best transformative learning community and beyond.
Share Your Story
Have you done something internationally – studying, working, or traveling abroad, conducting global research, making cross-cultural connections locally and globally, giving back to the community, and more? What was the impact of your global engagement – personal, professional, and even spiritual – on yourself, on our community, and on our world? How has OHIO contributed to your understanding of the world? Please help us increase the visibility of your global engagement and inspire others to explore by sharing your story. Stories and experiences shared here will be posted on Global Reflections page.
Be the Agent
Do you have something to give back to the community - global knowledge, experiences, expertise, networks, passion, and many more? There are many different ways in which you can be involved and help us advance the global agenda at Ohio University:
- Create a global experience through on and off campus study programs or as part of your classroom instructions.
- Teach a course at the Center for International Studies.
- Conduct collaborative research in global and area studies.
- Organize global leadership seminars and workshops.
- Explore opportunities for collaboration with other universities domestically and internationally to advance global network and understanding opportunities.
- Internationalize your curriculum.
- Volunteer as a language partner.
- Serve as a board member of an International Student Union group.
- Serve a committee.
Contact us at email@example.com and let us know of your interest. We can help you become the next change agent.
Make a Gift
Private gifts play a critical role in our mission to engage the university to be informed, relevant, accessible, and distinctive to lead GLOBALLY for Good. Your gift will allow us to provide scholarships for students to expand their global reach while studying abroad, to support international research opportunities for faculty and students, and to enhance our relationships with international alumni, among many other opportunities. We invite you to join us in preparing the global leaders through your financial support:
- You may make a secure online gift today using your credit or debit card by visiting the webpage for Ohio University Advancement. You can choose to make a one-time gift, fulfill a pledge, or start a recurring gift.
To discuss your gift or other ways to get involved, please contact Ji-Yeung Jang, our Associate Director at 740-593-1842 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact David Johnson, Assistant Director of Annual Giving at 740-593-2632 or email@example.com.