Welcome and thank you for your interest in employment with Culinary Services. We look forward to having you join our team!
All applicants for Fall 2021 who are living in a Residence Hall are eligible for Early Move In and may apply now!
Culinary Services can offer you a paycheck and more. Consider the following benefits received by all of Culinary Services' student employees:
- Starting wages range from $8.80 to $9.65/hr. Earn $1.00/hr. more for working hard-to-fill bonus shifts.
- Jobs at Central Food Facility, West 82, and all Dining Courts pay 50 cents more per hour than Campus Markets and Campus Cafes. All OHIO Catering jobs start at $9.65/hr.
- We will schedule your work around your classes and you may work up to 25 hours per week (per Ohio University policy).
- Advancement to student leader positions will earn you a base rate of $9.35 to $9.85/hr. plus earned raises and free meals when you work.
- Earn pay increases based on longevity.
- Valuable work experience for your resume.
- Awards and recognition for outstanding work.
- Chances to meet a variety of people (we employ over 1,700 student workers!).
Specific departmental duties include:
- Preparation and serving of three meals a day (2 on Sunday) in two Dining Courts throughout the academic year.
- Operation of Campus Markets (convenience stores) at Nelson, Boyd and Jefferson Marketplace.
- Operation of all retail concepts in Baker University Center. These include: the Front Room Coffeehouse, Latitude 39 (a casual dining restaurant) and West 82 Food Court with the following concepts: Southwest/Mexican, Italian/Pizza, N.Y. Deli, Grill, Grab N Go, and a salad/soup station.
- Operation of five Campus Cafes (conveniently located across OHIO's campus).
- Banquet and catering services for university organizations and the general public.
- Assistance in the administration of the Bobcat Cash debit card system.
- Administration of all campus vending contracts, including residence hall laundries.
- Purchasing of all food products.
- Staff training and development.
- Support of the University's academic mission through internships and field experience.
FACT: In 2017, more than 59 percent of all Culinary Services student employees had a GPA of 3.0 or higher!
For information regarding employment opportunities, please email us at email@example.com. Once you complete an application, please allow a week for our staff to determine if there are any positions that need to be filled.
"Students who work a moderate amount of hours (15 hours per week or less) do better than students who do not work at all. They have less debt, higher GPAs and are more likely to graduate on time."
- Alan J. McMillan
Excerpt from: The Athens News (8-11-14)
Apply now for a position with Ohio University Culinary Services!