Welcome and thank you for your interest in employment with Culinary Services. We look forward to having you join our team!
Effective January 3, 2023
Hourly Pay Rates for Student Employees
LEVEL 1: $11.00
LEVEL 2: $12.00
LEVEL 3: $13.25
LEVEL 4: $14.00
LEVEL 5: $14.75
LEVEL 6: $15.00
LEVEL 7: $16.50
See complete details here
Each student employee who works a minimum of a four-hour shift, per day, receives a free meal.
The Student Employee Referral Program:
if a student refers two new hires, they will receive $25 in Bobcat Cash as soon as the new hires begins working. If both new hires work at least 4
hours, every week for 8 straight weeks (not including academic breaks) the referrer will receive an additional $50 in Bobcat cash, AND each of the referrals will receive $25 in Bobcat Cash. This program will also go in effect on September 25, 2022.
Venue specific employment opportunities include:
- Dining Courts: Preparation and serving of three meals a day (2 on Sunday) in two Dining Courts, Nelson and The District on West Green, throughout the academic year. Jobs include: server/transporter, foodprep/stocker, dining room/concept clean up, dishroom & pots and pans.
- Campus Markets: Join in one of our three campus markets (convenience stores) at Nelson, Boyd and Jefferson Marketplace. Jobs include: stocker, inventory, cashier, barista at Jefferson's OHIO Cafe, deli worker at Jefferson's Brick City Deli or a smoothie bar attendee at Boyd Market.
- Baker University Center West 82, Latitude 39, and OHIO Catering: In these BUC retail operations jobs are server, hostess, bartender, cashier, kitchen help/prep, kitchen cleanup, stocker.
- Central Food Facility: Central Food Facility houses a large-scale bakery, vegetable preparation kitchen, central supply kitchen, and warehouse. Jobs include: bakery staff, vegetable preparation staff, and dish room staff.
- Cafes: Come be a barista in one of our four campus cafes on the Athens campus. Alden Library - Cafe Bibliotech, Baker University Center - Front Room Cafe, Academic and Research Center - ARC Cafe and Heritage Hall College of Medicine - Cafe at Factory Street.
For information regarding employment opportunities, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you complete an application, please allow a week for our staff to determine if there are any positions that need to be filled.
Apply now for a position with Ohio University Culinary Services!