Ohio University Culinary Services is committed to offering healthy food at every meal. Our team prepares approximately 3.8 million meals per year and serve a diverse population of students, faculty, staff and university guests. Our philosophy is based upon "choice dining," as we offer a wide variety of freshly-prepared foods daily. Many of these foods are healthy; however, it is ultimately up to our guests to select their preference of items and quantities.
Weekly menus are available to assist your meal planning. Menu information is available online in Dining Court/Hall lobbies, various Residence Halls' bulletin boards and on CATVision, OHIO's campus television network.
HEALTHY ITEMS AVAILABLE WITHIN OUR VENUES EACH DAY INCLUDE:
- Whole-Grain breads and cereals
- Skim Milk and Soy Milk (available in various flavors)
- 100% fruit juice (orange, grapefruit, grape)
- Fresh Fruit - We offer three or more fruit options for each meal. Selections are based on quality and availability.
- Vegetarian Protein options
- Egg-White Omelets (create-your-own)
- Fresh Grilled Chicken (our chicken is antibiotic and additive-free)
- Low-Fat, High-Fiber Healthy Wraps (choose your own ingredients)
- Fresh Vegetables (We do not add butter or margarine)
- Large Salad Bar Stations - Including fresh-cut vegetables, a variety of legumes, fat-free and low calorie dressings, low fat cheese and cottage cheese, tuna (packed in water) and yogurt.
- Bamboo Bowl - Available at Nelson Court - Enjoy fresh, made-to-order stir fry meals
- GardenBurgers are available at all Dining Courts/Halls for lunch and dinner.
- Various Pastas - Red, White and Meatless sauces available
- We use trans-fat free oil for deep-frying.
- Low Fat Muffins at breakfast.
- And More
DID YOU KNOW?
- 98 percent of all baked goods at OHIO are baked from-scratch within our on-campus Bakery
- Our Central Support Kitchen (located right on campus) provides its own in-house formula for all gluten-free products
If you have a special diet, food allergies, or other concerns, our registered dietitian is available to meet with you by appointment. Call us at (740) 593-2970.