Reserving Nelson Commons
Welcome to Nelson Commons
We are confident that our facility and service will provide the ideal surroundings for any event, business or celebration. From meetings and seminars to wedding receptions, our experienced professional catering staff is dedicated to creating the perfect setting and atmosphere for your special event.
- Private Dining Room 1 Seats 30
- Private Dining Room 2 Seats 30
- Main Reception Area Seats 275
- Total Combined Seats 335
- $350* Internal groups (student organizations and departments)
- $750* External groups
- $500 minimum food & beverages Friday/Saturday
- $250 Sunday – Thursday
*Fees for special set up, staffing, food or tear down may also apply
OHIO Catering provides catering within each of the private dining and main reception spaces. In order to fulfill our pledge of customer excellence in service for your event, we have outlined the following requirements:
- Events must be booked a minimum of one week in advance
- Confirm final counts at least 72 hours prior to the event date
- No outside food is permitted
Nelson Commons Reservation Information
Please contact email@example.com with the following information:
- Type of Event
- Estimated Number of Guests
- Room Arrangement
- Equipment Needs
- Additional/Special Requests
OHIO Departments and Student Orgs
Please use Virtual EMS to request a reservation: https://ohio.emscloudservice.com/web/
OHIO Catering is happy to provide a dance floor, risers, and A/V equipment. Feel free to discuss your specific needs with any of our catering representatives.
- Dance floor: $160 per day, plus set up and tear down fees
- Risers: $100 per day, plus set up and tear down fees
- A/V equipment prices will vary based on group needs
- Availability is on a “first come, first served” basis for all groups.
- Unless in conjunction with a pre-arranged catered event, multi-day business meeting or conference, groups may not book rooms more than one time per week.
- If a room has specific setup instructions, additional fees may be incurred. All fees will be charged at the prevailing Ohio University custodial pay rate (plus benefits and overtime, if applicable).
- Please return room seating to its original condition upon the completion of your event, or additional fees may apply.
- Rooms are available Sunday afternoon through Thursday evening for meetings and non-food related events.
- Rooms will not be available for reservation during the following dates: December 24 through January 1 (Ohio University Winter Closure). First day of the Fall Semester Meal Plan (Thursday) through the end of Labor Day Weekend.
- Cancellations up to eleven (11) business days prior to the event are without charge (except in the case of an off-campus entity deposit, which is a 50% charge).
- On-campus entities cancelling within ten (10) business days of the event will be charged 50% of the price of the event.
- On-campus entities cancelling with three (3) business days of the event will result in a full charge of the entire event.
- Groups with outstanding bills are not eligible to reserve future space until the outstanding bill has been paid.
- Events may neither start prior to 6:00 a.m. nor last until after midnight without the permission of OHIO Catering.
- If permission is granted, additional charges may apply.
Information for parking on campus is available through Transportation and Parking Services, via phone at 740.593.1917 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to finalize parking arrangements through Parking Services before your event.