Welcome to Nelson Commons, We are confident that our facility and service will provide the ideal surroundings for any event, business or celebration. From meetings and seminars to wedding receptions, our experienced professional catering staff is dedicated to creating the perfect setting and atmosphere for your special event.
- Private Dining Room 1 Seats 30
- Private Dining Room 2 Seats 30
- Main Reception Area Seats 275
- Total Combined Seats 335
Private Dining Rooms
- Private Dining Room 1: $75 per day*
- Private Dining Room 2: $75 per day*
- Registered Student Organizations: $37.50*
*Fees for special set up, staffing, food or tear down may also apply
Main Reception Area
- Ohio University (Internal) groups: *$200/day
- Community (External) groups: *$600/day
*Plus custodial set up and clean up fees
If one or both of the private dining rooms are requested in addition to the main reception, all regular room rental charges associated with those rooms will be charged.
OHIO Catering provides catering within each of the private dining and main reception spaces. In order to fulfill our pledge of customer excellence in service for your event, we have outlined the following requirements:
- Events must be booked a minimum of one week in advance
- Confirm final counts at least 72 hours prior to the event date
- No outside food is permitted
Beginning August 26th, 2019 Event Services will be taking reservations for spaces in Nelson Commons.
To reserve Nelson Commons spaces please call Event Services at (740) 593-4021 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Type of Event
- Estimated Number of Guests
- Room Arrangement
- Equipment Needs
- Additional/Special Requests
OHIO Catering is happy to provide a dance floor, risers, and A/V equipment; feel free to discuss your specific needs with any of our catering representatives.
- Dance floor: $160 per day, plus set up and tear down fees
- Risers: $100 per day, plus set up and tear down fees
- A/V equipment prices will vary based on group needs
- Availability is on a “first come, first served” basis for all groups.
- Unless in conjunction with a pre-arranged catered event, multi-day business meeting or conference, groups may not book rooms more than one time per week.
- Rooms may be reserved up to twelve (12) months in advance
- If a room has specific setup instructions, additional fees may be incurred. All fees will be charged at the prevailing Ohio University custodial pay rate (plus benefits and overtime, if applicable).
- Please return room seating to its original condition upon the completion of your event, or additional fees may apply.
- Rooms are available Sunday afternoon through Thursday evening for meetings and non-food related events.
- Rooms will not be available for reservation during the following dates: December 24 through January 1 (Ohio University Winter Closure). First day of the Fall Semester Meal Plan (Thursday) through the end of Labor Day Weekend.
- Room reservations may be canceled up to seven (7) days in advance. Room reservations that are canceled with less than seven (7) days notice will be billed the entire day’s rental fee.
- Groups with outstanding bills are not eligible to reserve future space until the outstanding bill has been paid.
- Events may neither start prior to 6:00 a.m. nor last until after midnight without the permission of OHIO Catering.
- If permission is granted, additional charges may apply.
Information for parking on campus is available through Ohio University Parking Services, or via phone at (740) 593-1917. Please make sure to finalize parking arrangements through Parking Services before your event.