Welcome, and thank you for considering the Culinary Services Department for employment!
Culinary Services can offer you a paycheck and more. Consider the following benefits received by all of Culinary Services' student employees:
- Student starting wages range from $8.10 to $8.50/hr. Earn $1.00/hr. more for working hard-to-fill bonus shifts.
- We will schedule your work around your classes and you may work up to 20 hours per week (per Ohio University policy).
- Advancement to student leader positions will earn you a base rate of $8.65/hr. plus earned raises and free meals when you work.
- Earn pay increases based on longevity.
- Valuable work experience for your resumé.
- Awards and recognition for outstanding work.
- Chances to meet a variety of people (we employ over 2,100 student workers!).
FACT: In 2014, more than 55 percent of all Culinary Services student employees had a GPA for 3.0 or higher!
Culinary Services offers opportunities to learn about our business and earn college credit through internships. Many students have earned class credit working in the dining halls and on special projects at Central Food Facility. Field experiences are well suited for students majoring in any business area especially marketing, graphic design, food service management, and dietetics. Students must have permission from their academic advisor in order to obtain class credit and a general area of interest.
Call 740.593.9646 for more information.
Specific departmental duties include:
- Preparation and serving of three meals a day (2 on Sunday) in three Dining Courts/Halls throughout the academic year.
- Operation of Campus Markets (convenience stores) at Nelson, Boyd and Jefferson.
- Operation of all retail concepts in Baker University Center. These include: the Front Room Coffeehouse, Latitude 39 (a casual dining restaurant) and West 82 Food Court with the following concepts: Southwest/Mexican, Italian/Pizza, N.Y. Deli, Grill, Grab N Go, and a salad/soup station.
- Operation of five Campus Cafés (conveniently located across OHIO's campus).
- Banquet and catering services for university organizations and the general public.
- Assistance in the administration of the Bobcat Cash debit card system.
- Administration of all campus vending contracts, including residence hall laundries.
- Purchasing of all food products.
- Staff training and development.
- Support of the University's academic mission through internships and field experience.
JOIN OUR TEAM!
Apply for a Position within the Following Areas for Fall Semester 2015:
Dining Court/Hall, Grab N Go or West 82 Food Court
Campus Market or Campus Café
Ohio University Catering or Latitude 39
Central Foods Student Employment
We're Here to Help.
Culinary Services is currently utilizing a central hiring process. For information regarding employment opportunities, please email our central hiring staff at email@example.com. Once you complete an application, please allow a week for our staff to determine if there are any positions that need to be filled.
View/Download the 2015-16 Culinary Services Student Employee Handbook
"Students who work a moderate amount of hours (15 hours per week or less) do better than students who do not work at all. They have less debt, higher GPAs and are more likely to graduate on time."
- Alan J. McMillan
Excerpt from: The Athens News (8-11-14)