Audition Guidelines for BFA Performance Program
All Freshman coursework is taken into consideration for admission into the BFA Performance Program. Your audition is only a part of it. We would like to see you represent yourself in the best possible light during the auditions and hope these guidelines will be helpful.
- If you wish to audition for the BFA performance program please download the application from The School of Theater website, by March 29, 2013.
- Auditions will take place Saturday, April 20. Names and times will be posted on the call board a few days before.
- The time allotted for your audition is three minutes, not including the introduction, and must consist of two monologues.
- Your introduction will consist of a greeting, your name and the name of the plays the monologues are from.
- One monologue will be contemporary and represent a role very close to yourself, a part that you could be reasonably cast in right now.
- The second monologue can be anything of your choice. For example: it can be a character piece, or a verse piece, if you are comfortable with verse. It should be a contrast to your "close to the vest" piece.
Please avoid pieces that are sexually explicit or have excessive foul language. The audition is about exhibiting your talent as a performer.
We are rooting for you to do your best.