I-Arts: Financial Aid and Scholarship Information
Apply for fellowships and teaching opportunities
Graduate Teaching Opportunities
The School of Interdisciplinary Arts offers competitive graduate teaching associate stipends (currently $16,432) which include a tuition scholarship. Two maxi stipends (currently $18,219) are awarded annually. Notification of stipend/scholarship awards is approximately May 1.
The InterArts Excellence and Diversity Fellowships
The InterArts Excellence and Diversity Fellowships (application deadline: Jan. 31) are targeted to develop the excellence and increase the diversity of the School of Interdisciplinary Arts at Ohio University. The school aims to attract students of outstanding quality, to increase ethnic, racial and socio-economic diversity, to maximize the educational benefits of diversity, and to increase the number of professors who can and will use diversity as a resource for enriching the education of all students. These awards will be made to individuals who, in the judgment of the faculty, have demonstrated superior academic achievement, are committed to a career in teaching and research at the college and university level, show promise of future achievement as a scholar and teacher, and are well prepared to use diversity as a resource for enriching the education of all students. All citizens or nationals of the United States, regardless of national origin, religion, gender, age disability or sexual orientation will be eligible to apply.
Applicants for the InterArts Excellence and Diversity Fellowship should submit an essay that addresses the following points, which will be considered positive factors for choosing successful candidates:
- Evidence of superior academic achievement
- Degree of promise of continuing achievement as a scholar and teacher
- First-generation college student and income eligible
- Membership in one or more of the groups that are underrepresented in the American professoriate
- Commitment to serving the educational needs of the Appalachian region
- Capacity to respond in pedagogically productive ways to the learning needs of students from diversebackground
- Sustained personal engagement with communities that are underrepresented in the academy and an ability to bring this asset to learning, teaching, and scholarship at the college and university level
- Likelihood of using diversity of human experience as an educational resource in teaching and scholarship
The amount of the stipend is currently $17,432, and includes full tuition fee waiver. The student receiving the InterArts Diversity Stipend will be required to engage in outreach activities to minority communities and to develop strategies to respond in pedagogically productive ways to the learning needs of students from diverse backgrounds.
Get full, up-to-date information on tuition and fees.
Commitment to non-discrimination
Ohio University operates on a holistic, selective review and looks for evidence of academic preparation when reviewing applications for admission. Additionally, because the School of Interdisciplinary Arts considers artistic talent in the review process, students pursuing certain academic programs must interview and/or submit additional materials for admission and scholarship consideration. Ohio University and the School of Interdisciplinary Arts do not discriminate against any applicants because of race, color, religion, age, national origin, ethnicity, national ancestry, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, military service or veteran status, mental or physical disability, or genetic information.