2023 Global Arts Festival Call
CALL FOR PAPERS AND
3rd Global Arts Festival
"GLOBAL Arts in the Digital Age"
April 13-15, 2023
College of Fine Arts
Baker University Center
The College of Fine Arts in collaboration with several departments at Ohio University are pleased to organize this International Conference: “Global Arts in the Digital Age” as part of their 3rd Global Arts Festival at Ohio University. The objective of the conference is to create a forum for musicians, composers, dancers, choreographers, art educators music and dance therapists, actors, playwrights and directors, visual artists, scholars, etc. to discuss new and emerging perspectives in the Arts, brought about by the digital age in the 20th and 21st centuries. Digitalization has permanently changed the paradigm for research, teaching, learning, performance, dissemination, recording, composing, and archiving the arts from a variety of viewpoints. The goal is to stimulate interest in exploring various ways of theorizing, analyzing, performing, teaching, documenting, and researching global arts in the digital age.
The conference directors are interested in a range of new theories, teaching pedagogies, curricula development, interdisciplinary approaches, research methodologies and analytic techniques, and intersections with other disciplines using digital tools. Presentations may include individual papers, individual papers/performances, panels, workshops, film/video sessions, performances, lecture demonstrations, roundtables, and other original forms of presentation. Papers and presentations that fall outside of the themes of the conference but are related to digitization will also be considered. Presenters may consider (but are not limited to) the following categories of themes and topics: A. Curricula Issues: Teaching, Learning and Curricular Development B. Researching, Representing, and Transforming the Arts in the Digital Age C. Documentation and Notation of Arts in the Digital Age D. Media Arts E. Reinventing Arts Education for the Digital Age F. Archiving Arts in the Digital Age G. Digitization and New Technologies/New Art Forms - Social media platforms TikTok, YouTube, Instagram, etc. I. Workshops, Exhibitions, Performances, etc.
PAPER AND SESSION SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS & PRESENTATION FORMATS
• Single Papers: Individual paper presentations will be 20 minutes long followed by 10 minutes of discussions and questions
• Performance or Lecture-Demonstrations: Up to 50 minutes long
• Workshops: This will range from 1-2 hours
• Film/Video: Up to 2 hours: Session to include an introduction and discussion time
• Panel Discussion: These will vary from 90 minutes for three papers to 2 hours for four papers. There will be a discussant for all panel discussions. Panel abstracts will be evaluated individually as well as collectively. The program committee will recommend the addition of a panelist where an individual abstract appears to fit a panel. The panel organizer should submit proposals for organized panels. The program committee also reserves the right to group abstracts relating to the same theme for panel discussions. Each paper will be 20 minutes long with 10-20 minutes for questions and general discussions
• Other Original Forms of Individual Presentation: This will vary from 20 to 50 minutes long followed by 10 minutes of discussions and questions
TO HAVE YOUR PAPER/SESSION CONSIDERED:
(Submissions are accepted by email or print mail by deadline of December 15, 2022.)
Papers will be selected based on the clarity of the presentation and on the relevance and originality of the ideas presented. Submissions that are not presented in the required format will not be considered.
Send the following to email@example.com, and please type “Global Arts in the Digital Age” in the Subject line of your e-mail message.
• A one-page (150-250 words) abstract with a title
• Full name of presenter (s)
• Position or Job Title
• Affiliation and Department
• Mailing address
• E-mail address
• Biographical Narrative (1 pg.) or Abbreviated curriculum vitae (1 pg.)
For those who do not have access to e-mail, two hard copies of abstracts and proposals may be sent to:
Global Arts in the Digital Age, Glidden Hall Room 471C, Ohio University, Athens, OH 45701
Individuals whose papers/sessions are accepted will be asked to:
1. Submit complete papers by February 15, 2023, for distribution to the discussants/moderators and inclusion in the conference proceedings. The planning committee reserves the right to remove from the conference program papers that are not made available by that date.
2. Submit a request for audio-visual equipment, e.g., computer, slide, overhead projectors, etc. by February 15, 2023. Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate requests to have papers read in the absence of the authors.
- Session and Paper Proposals Deadline: December 15, 2022
- Notification of Acceptance: January 1, 2023
- Complete Papers: February 15, 2023
- Audio-visual Requests: February 15, 2023
Prof. Paschal Yao Younge firstname.lastname@example.org or (740) 236-0521.