Call for Entries - Extended Through Sunday Sept. 26!
(Online Submissions Due Sept. 26, 2021)
Ohio University School of Art + Design
State of the Arts • Mentor/Mentee Exhibition
State of the Arts Exhibition
Oct. 12 – Nov. 2, 2021
We are thrilled to bring the State of the Arts Mentor/Mentee exhibition back in-person this year.
Ohio University's juried exhibition is open to all high school art educators currently teaching visual arts in Ohio and the surrounding region. Submissions are juried by School of Art + Design Gallery Coordinator and faculty. This year we will not be collecting an entry fee and therefore will not be giving out the customary monetary awards.
Selected artists will also have the opportunity to showcase one of their best students to represent your high school together, in this juried exhibit at the Ohio University Art Gallery, on view October 12 – November 2, 2021, in Athens, Ohio.
- Notification of accepted work: September 27th
- Shipped artwork should arrive by: Oct. 8th, by 5pm (include return shipping label)
- In-person delivery of artwork:
Saturday, Oct. 2nd and Sunday, Oct. 3rd, 12-3pm,
as well as Saturday 10/9 and Sunday 10/10 by appointment only
- Exhibition dates: Oct. 12 – Nov. 2
- Closing Reception: Monday, Nov. 2nd from 5-7pm (artists may take artwork home with them after the reception)
- Pick-up artwork in-person after the reception or: Saturday and Sunday, Nov. 6-7, 12–3pm
For information contact exhibition coordinator Hillary Gattian at firstname.lastname@example.org