The following checklist is your guide to applying for and finalizing your financial aid awards. You can follow this step-by-step checklist to complete all requirements for receiving financial aid. For more details, visit the Award Letter Enclosure.
Submit your FAFSA
Create an FSA ID
– The FSA ID is the electronic signature for your FAFSA. Both the student and a parent must obtain an FSA ID to sign FAFSA upon submission.
Complete a FAFSA
– The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the only application for Federal, State, and institutional financial aid. Do not pay to complete the FAFSA. It is a free application. The FAFSA opens October 1 each year. Complete the FAFSA by OHIO's first-priority consideration date of January 15 to be considered for all available financial aid programs.
Financial Aid Awards
OHIO Student Center
– Log in to your Student Center to review your financial aid awards.
Review awarding information in the
Award Letter Enclosure.
Accept/Decline Loans – On your
Student Center, select Accept/Decline to make loan decisions.
- View Award Details – Select each award listed on your Student Center to review the details. Make sure to review all scholarship details for renewal criteria.
Selected for Verification?
– Any items required to complete your FAFSA processing will be listed here.
- Visit Forms – The Forms webpage will give you access to all requested forms.
Return all documents to the Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships via:
Federal Loan Requirements
Students (First time borrowers) complete the following at
- Loan Agreement (MPN)
- Entrance Counseling
Parent Borrowers (if desired), complete the following at
- Parent PLUS Loan application
- Complete PLUS Loan Agreement (MPN)
- Complete PLUS Counseling
Perkins Borrowers (if awarded), complete the Perkins Promissory Note on your