The Purchasing Card (PCard) is an Ohio University-issued credit card that delegates small-dollar purchasing power to individual University employees. The PCard allows the cardholder to charge work-related expenses directly to the appropriate University account. A PCard can be issued only to University employees and is to be used strictly for business purposes. All purchases must comply with University policies and procedures, specifically Reimbursement for Official Travel and Entertainment and all Purchasing section policies.
If you have a lost or stolen card or fraudulent transactions please contact 1-800-316-6056 for assistance.
Types of Cards
The University allows potential cardholders to choose from four classes of cards depending upon the amount and types of purchases that will be made. The two main categories of cards are the PCard and the Controlled Value (CV) Card. Each of these can be further broken down into two subcategories: standard and travel. This gives the following four card types:
- Standard PCard: General purchasing card that allows for general low-cost purchases. Cards will have a single transaction limit and a monthly limit, both set during the application process. The monthly limit will reset with each new statement period.
- Travel PCard: Purchasing card that allows for travel expenses only. Cards will have a single transaction limit and a monthly limit, both set during the application process. The monthly limit will reset with each new statement period.
- Standard CV Card: Allows for general purchases but has a maximum value for the lifetime of the card. Cards will additionally have a single transaction limit and will expire once funds are depleted.
- Travel CV Card: Allows for travel expenses only and has a maximum value for the lifetime of the card. Cards will additionally have a single transaction limit and will expire once funds are depleted.
Potential cardholders will need to select which type of card they need when completing their application. Financial Managers will assist with choosing card types and limits.
Obtaining a PCard
- Complete a Cardholder Application (PDF) and submit it to your Financial Manager. The Financial Manager will gather necessary signatures and forward the application on to the PCard Administration.
- Complete the PCard Training via BlackBoard
- Once your application has been received, you will receive an e-mail with instruction on how to access the training via Blackboard
- The training will consist of an interactive self-study for users to learn about policies and allowable purchases on their own time
- A quiz will be available at the end of the training that applicants must pass in order to continue with the application process
- Pick up your PCard
- PCards will be ordered by the Purchasing Card Administration office once applications and training are complete
- Delivery time of new PCards can take 7 to 10 business days
- Applicants will be e-mailed when their PCard is available and must bring proper identification when picking up their new card
Activating a PCard
Before attempting to use a new PCard, cardholders should activate the card by calling the number affixed to the front of the new card. Employees should use the last four digits of their Employee ID, not their Social Security number, to activate the card. Employee IDs are available by logging into the Employee Lookup.
PaymentNet online is a service provided by JP Morgan Chase to cardholders to review their PCard account information. When you pick up your PCard, you will also receive information about accessing the system. PaymentNet allows cardholders to review personal information for their card, check remaining funds on their cards for the statement period, and dispute charges on a card. For more information, view our PaymentNet Information page.