Hiring Student Employees
Completion of new student employee paperwork may be completed in various locations across our campuses.
Only NEW STUDENT EMPLOYEES that do not exist in our systems will need to complete paperwork. To determine whether your student employee is active in our systems please check https://eelookup.ohio.edu/eelookup/eelookup. If they employee appears in employee lookup, please complete only the Existing Student Employee Information Sheet. The supervisor may then enter the student into Workforce. (Click here to access the Workforce training page to access documentation and videos that explain the process for entering a student employee into Workforce).
If a student is NOT found in the Employee Lookup, new hire paperwork will need to be completed for the student.
Hiring managers located within a Student Hiring Center of Excellence should refer to the list to identify a representative that may complete a new hiring packet before the student begins work.
The Centers of Excellence are:
- College of Arts and Sciences
- Student Affairs
- Auxiliary Services
- University Libraries
- Regional Higher Education
- University College
Click here to locate an individual trained to complete student hiring paperwork in your Center of Excellence. (Auxiliary Services should utilize their internal central hiring department).
Hiring Managers that ARE NOT in a Center of Excellence should follow the following steps when hiring a NEW student employee.
- Complete a New Student Employee Pre-Hire form
- Refer the student to UHR or one of the open sessions below. The student should be instructed to bring along the New Student Employee Pre-Hire Form and should also be reminded to review the information on the form before coming to UHR.
- Enter the student into Workforce. Information, documentation, and training materials regarding Workforce, including entering a new student, can be found at: https://www.ohio.edu/finance/payroll/workforcepage.cfm
- Ask the student for their “Student Employee Paperwork Verification Slip” before you allow them to begin working. (They will be provided with this slip when they have complete paperwork at UHR). If they have lost their slip, you may contact UHR at (740) 593-1636 for verbal verification of completion.
UHR will also be conducting open hiring sessions at Baker Center during the first several weeks of fall semester. No appointment is necessary and representatives will work with students to complete paperwork on a first come, first serve basis. Hiring managers can direct students to these sessions during the following times:
|Monday, August 29, 2016||Baker Center 237||9:00AM - 4:00PM|
|Tuesday, August 30, 2016||Baker Center 237||9:00AM - 4:00PM|
|Wednesday, August 31, 2016||Baker Center 237||9:00AM - 4:00PM|
|Thursday, September 01, 2016||Baker Center 237||9:00AM - 4:00PM|
|Friday, September 02, 2016||Baker Center 237||9:00AM - 4:00PM|
|Tuesday, September 06, 2016||Baker Center 226||9:00AM - 4:00PM|
|Wednesday, September 07, 2016||Baker Center 237||9:00AM - 4:00PM|
|Thursday, September 08, 2016||Baker Center 237||9:00AM - 4:00PM|
|Friday, September 09, 2016||Baker Center 333||9:00AM - 4:00PM|
|Monday, September 12, 2016||Baker Center 237||9:00AM - 4:00PM|
|Tuesday, September 13, 2016||Baker Center 237||9:00AM - 4:00PM|
|Wednesday, September 14, 2016||Baker Center 237||9:00AM - 4:00PM|
For general questions regarding student employment paperwork, please contact UHR at 740.593.1636.
For information regarding training, the Centers of Excellence, or other concerns regarding student hiring in general, please contact Nick Wortman, Director of HR Services at email@example.com or 740.597.2542.