- Accessible Information Exchange
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Policy 03.003: Americans with Disabilities Act Compliance
- Coordinator Responsibilities and Duties
- Discrimination/Harassment Intake Form
- "Employers Guide to including Disabilities in Emergency Evacuation Plans"
- Faculty Handbook (Student Accessibility Services)
- Rehabilitation Act 504
- Student Accessibility Services
- Web Accessibility Statement
- Affirmative Action
- Discrimination / Harassment
- Employee Accommodation and Campus Accessibility
- Hiring Information
- Institutional Equity 2012 Overview
- Ohio University Resources
- Outside Resources
- Presidential Advisory Council on Disability and Accessibility Planning
- Student Sexual Misconduct
- Title IX
- Contact Us
Process for Seeking Accommodations
The request for a reasonable accommodation as an employee at Ohio University may be initiated by the employee at any time. The request may be directed to a supervisor or the Office for Institutional Equity (OIE); however, it is OIE that will facilitate the process. To register with OIE, please submit the Faculty & Staff Reasonable Accommodation (ADA) Intake Form either by fax, email, or mail. OIE will review the disability documentation to determine that an employee meets the definition of an individual with a disability.
Once an individual is qualified to receive accommodations, the process will require coordination with the employee and supervisor to identify potential accommodations that will not interfere with the essential functions of the job.
Some important points to know about seeking an accommodation are:
- Accommodations can only be implemented from the time of the request forward
- Determination of need for accommodation cannot undo previous consequences of poor work performance
- All employees must be able to complete the essential functions of their position
- Determination of reasonable accommodations is dependent upon the specific limitations of the individual’s disability and the specific functions of the job
- Information regarding an individual’s disability is considered confidential under the ADA
In order to determine eligibility, most employees will be required to have a qualified healthcare practitioner complete the Medical Inquiry Form.
Office for Institutional Equity | 101 Crewson House | Athens, Ohio 45701-2979 | T: 740.593.9132