The city of Athens encourages students and families to have a safe and socially distant move-out, and offers the following suggestions:
• Talk to your landlord about early move-out incentives. Some landlords are encouraging students to move out early by offering deals for early move-outs.
• Consider taking your furniture home with you. Most Athens redistribution centers are closed during this time and donated furniture will need to be sanitized.
• Take shelf-stable foods to local food pantries. Food pantries still need donations.
• The city has waived the 24-hour on street parking rule to expedite moving.
• Please move out quickly without unnecessary contact with others – stay safe and healthy!
When returning to campus for move-out, please remember that all University buildings are closed. If you need to access Stocker Center or the Academic & Research Center, contact email@example.com.