Ph.D. students, first year
- Attend orientation sessions.
- Get advice on which courses to take.
- Seek funding and employment opportunities.
- Meet faculty members who are doing research that interests you and take their classes.
- By the end of the first year, submit a plan of study to your graduate chair.
Ph.D. students, later years
- Confirm who your academic advisor is and work together to finalize a research topic.
- Take the Russ College's graduate writing course.
- Select faculty members to serve on your dissertation committee.
- Schedule and take your comprehensive exam.
- Develop and obtain approval for your research project.
- Take steps to develop and defend your dissertation.