Forms should be submitted to the BME office for the Chair of the BME Graduate Committee’s signature. Also, be sure to familiarize yourself with Thesis and Dissertation Services and its Web page, www.ohio.edu/graduate/etd, particularly the Full TAD Guidelines and the TAD deadlines for this academic year.
- Program guidelines
- Tentative M.S. Course of Study (.xls) (This is due to the BME office no later than the eighth week of your second semester in the program.)
- Thesis Committee Information and Approval (.xls) (Turn in to the BME office no later than the eighth week of your second semester in the program.) The thesis committee shall consist of a minimum of four faculty members, three of whom must be members of the BME faculty, including the chair/advisor. Two committee members must be members of the Russ College with associate graduate or graduate faculty status. One committee member must be from outside the Russ College (referred to as the College Representative) and hold associate graduate or full graduate faculty status in her or his college.
- Final M.S. Course of Study and Proposal Approval (.xls) (You should take the Final M.S. Course of Study and Proposal Approval Form to the oral presentation. If you pass, obtain all signatures at that time and submit the form along with a copy of the proposal to the BME office for the BME graduate chair's signature. Note that the thesis proposal must be passed by the end of your second semester in the program.)
- Revised M.S. Course of Study (.xls) (Use this form to revise your course of study, if necessary.)
- Application for Graduation: Deadlines for applying for graduation are well in advance of actual graduation. Visit www.ohio.edu/registrar/gradapp.cfm for more information. A graduation fair, typically offered in February, provides a chance to learn about commencement and register for graduation. Visit www.ohio.edu/graduate/gradcommence.cfm to find out more.
- Arrangement for Oral Examination Form: This form is due to the BME office no later than four weeks before the desired date of the thesis defense. Note that signatures from the committee chair and the BME graduate chair are required.
- Statement of Originality Form (.doc) This form is due to the BME office no later than three weeks before the desired date of the thesis defense.
- Thesis Defense Approval Form (.doc) (to take with you to your oral examination). All previous forms must be on file before obtaining this one, called the Report of Oral Thesis Examination and Dissertation Defense. Select the form listed in the "Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering" section. After passing the defense, have the form signed by your committee members. You might have to make changes to your thesis before obtaining the signatures, especially that of your advisor. After obtaining all committee members' signatures, turn in the form to the BME office.