Biomedical Engineering 4-1 option
The 4-1 option, which is open only to Ohio University Russ College undergraduates, allows students the opportunity to complete an engineering bachelor’s degree and the biomedical engineering master’s degree in a total of five years.
Please note that students pursuing the 4-1 option must complete the same requirements for the MS BME degree that apply to students taking the traditional path to the MS degree.
The first step is to apply to become an undergraduate affiliate of the biomedical engineering program. Students are encouraged to apply to become a program affiliate as soon as they are eligible, which is upon attaining sophomore status. A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 is required. It is possible to be an affiliate of the program without pursuing the 4-1 option.
Affiliates are provided:
• a mentor who does research in biomedical engineering
• the opportunity to participate in 2 BME activities per year
• connection to the broader Ohio University biomedical engineering community
• the possibility of doing research in biomedical engineering
• guidance on how to pursue the 4-1 option
• the opportunity to take graduate-level courses as an undergraduate for graduate credit, contingent upon meeting eligibility requirements (e.g., minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2)
Return your completed affiliate application to Tom Riggs, biomedical engineering program assistant, at 171 Stocker Center or e-mail to email@example.com. For further information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.