Research Interests: developing spatial visualization abilities, testing spatial visualization skills, teaching strategies for engineering graphics using computer technology
All Degrees Earned: Ph.D., Education; M.S., Industrial Technology; B.S., Architecture
- Hands-On Cadkey: a guide to versions 5, 6,and 7, 1996 Irwin Graphics Series
- A Concise Introduction to Engineering Graphics including worksheets A or B 4th ed 2010 Schroff Development Corporation
- 2008 Distinguished Service Award given by the Engineering Design Graphics Division of the American Society for Engineering Education (highest award given by the division)
Journal Article, Academic Journal (1)
- Sexton, T. (1992). Effect on Spatial Visualization: Introducing Basic Engineering Graphic Concepts using 3D CAD Technology. 3. The Engineering Design Graphics Journal; 56.
Book, Textbook (4)
- Sexton, T. (2010). A Concise Introduction to Engineering Graphics. 4th Ed. Mission KS: Schrodd Development Corporation; 200.
- Sexton, T. (2007). Engineering Graphics: Theory and Problems (A Concise Introduction to Engineering Graphics). Schroff Development Corporation.
- Sexton, T. (2007). Engineering Graphics: Theory and Problems Workbooks: Series A, Series B, Series C, and Series D. Schroff Development Corporation.
- Sexton, T. (1996). Hands-On CADKEY: A Guide to Versions 5, 6, and 7. Richard D. Irwin, A Times Mirror Higher Education Group, Inc.
Conference Proceeding (4)
- Sexton, T. (1999). The Importance of Visualizing Reference Planes when Solving Machining Problems. Biloxi, MI: 1999 ASEE - Engineering Design Graphics Division National Mid-Year Conference.
- Sexton, T. (1997). Descriptive Geometry: Holdover from teh Past or Necessary for the Future. Madison, WI: 1997 ASEE National Mid-Year Conference - Engineering Design Graphics Division.
- Sexton, T., Dhamija, D. (1996). Automated Testing/Grading of the Network. Los Angeles, CA: 1996 NAIT Annual Conference.
- Sexton, T., Klein, P. (1992). Projected Instructional Media: The Good the Bad and the Ugly. New Orleans, LA: 1992 Annual Conference of ASEE.