Damilola Daramola has been at Ohio University since 2000 in varying capacities including both undergraduate and graduate studies in chemical and biomolecular engineering. Daramola has also been involved in other extra-curricular activities at the Russ College – as a Robe Leadership Institute Scholar, a member of the National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE) and Theta Tau. Daramola’s research interests lie where quantum chemistry, material science, and reaction engineering intersect, and he is currently leveraging his technical expertise to connect the Center's value proposition with the needs of government and industrial entities.
Research Interests: quantum chemistry calculations, material science, surface science, solid-gas interface
All Degrees Earned: Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, Ohio University, 2011; B.S., Chemical Engineering, Ohio University, 2004
- D.A. Daramola and G.G. Botte, "Theoretical study of ammonia oxidation on platinum clusters – Adsorption of ammonia and water fragments," Computational and Theoretical Chemistry 989, p7 (2012)
- D.A. Daramola, D. Singh and G.G. Botte, "Dissociation Rates of Urea in the Presence of NiOOH Catalyst: A DFT Analysis," Journal of Physical Chemistry A 114, p11513 (2010)
- D.A. Daramola, M. Muthuvel and G.G. Botte, "Density Functional Theory Analysis of Raman Frequency Modes of Monoclinic Zirconium Oxide Using Gaussian Basis Sets and Isotopic Substitution," Journal of Physical Chemistry B 114, p9323 (2010)
multiscale modeling, modeling laboratory maintenance, undergraduate and graduate student research mentor, web maintenance
Journal Article, Academic Journal (7)
- Daramola, D., Velraj, S., Trembly, J. (2020). Electrogenerative Oxidative Dehydrogenation as a Process Intensification Platform in Shale Gas Upgrading.
- Grossman, E., Daramola, D., Botte, G. (2020). Comparing B3LYP and B97 dispersion-corrected functionals for studying adsorption and vibrational spectra in nitrogen reduction. http://dx.doi.org/10.22541/au.158931106.63483335.
- Al-Majali, Y., Chirume, C., Marcum, E., Daramola, D., Kappagantula, K., Trembly, J. (2019). Coal-Filler-Based Thermoplastic Composites as Construction Materials: A New Sustainable End-Use Application. 19. ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering; 7: 16870. http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/acssuschemeng.9b04453.
- Daramola, D., Botte, G. (2013). Theoretical study of ammonia oxidation on platinum clusters – Adsorption of intermediate nitrogen dimer molecules. Journal of Colloid and Interface Science; 402: 204-214. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jcis.2013.03.067.
- Daramola, D., Botte, G. (2012). Theoretical study of ammonia oxidation on platinum clusters – Adsorption of ammonia and water fragments. Computational and Theoretical Chemistry; 989: 7-17. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.comptc.2012.02.032.
- Daramola, D., Muthuvel, M., Botte, G. (2010). Density functional theory analysis of raman frequency modes of monoclinic zirconium oxide using gaussian basis sets and isotopic substitution. 29. Journal of Physical Chemistry B; 114: 9323-9329. http:// pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jp9077135.
- Daramola, D., Singh, D., Botte, G. (2010). Dissociation rates of urea in the presence of NiOOH catalyst: A DFT analysis. Journal of Physical Chemistry A; 114: 11513-11521. http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jp105159t.
Journal Article, Professional Journal (1)
- Estejab, A., Daramola, D., Botte, G. (2015). Mathematical Model of a Parallel Plate Ammonia Electrolyzer for Combined Wastewater Remediation and Hydrogen Production. Water Research; 77: I33-I45.
Book, Chapter in Scholarly Book (1)
- Botte, G., Daramola, D., Muthuvel, M. (2014). Preparative Electrochemistry for Organic Synthesis. 2. Elsevier; 9: 351-389. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-08-097742-3.00940-X.