Damilola A. Daramola joined the Institute for Sustainable Energy and the Environment in 2019 as the Assistant Director for Research, to execute research activity in electrocatalysis, process simulations and materials characterization. Prior to this role, he served as the Assistant Director for Business Development with the Center for Electrochemical Engineering Research for four years. In this role, he focused on developing industrial partnerships with the Center and responding to requests for proposals from governmental agencies. He is a two-time alumni of Ohio University, obtaining both a B.S. and Ph.D. in chemical engineering from the Russ College. Daramola has also been involved in leadership and mentoring activities at the Russ College serving as a Robe Leadership Institute Scholar and co-advisor of the National Society of Black Engineers (Ohio University Chapter).
Research Interests: wastewater remediation, atomic and process simulations, electrochemical engineering, material science, hydrogen production, catalysis.
All Degrees Earned: Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, Ohio University, 2011; B.S., Chemical Engineering, Ohio University, 2004
Journal Article, Academic Journal (10)
- Grossman, E., Daramola, D., Botte, G. (2021). Comparing B3LYP and B97 dispersion-corrected functionals for studying adsorption and vibrational spectra in nitrogen reduction. ChemistryOpen; 10: 316 - 326. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/open.202000158.
- Pindine, G., Trembly, J., Daramola, D. (2021). Equilibrium-based Temperature Dependent Economic Analysis of Phosphorus Recovery from Different Wastewater Streams via Chemical Precipitation. ACS ES&T Water.
- Velraj, S., Daramola, D., Trembly, J. (2021). A novel solid oxide electrolytic cell with reduced endothermic load for CO2 electrolysis using (La0.80Sr0.20)0.95MnO3-δ cathode . Journal of CO2 Utilization; 48: 101527. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jcou.2021.101527.
- Belarbi, Z., Daramola, D., Trembly, J. (2020). Thermodynamics and Bench-Scale Demonstration of Electrochemical Nutrient Reduction in Wastewater via Recovery as Struvite. Journal of the Electrochemical Society; 167: 155524. http://dx.doi.org/10.1149/1945-7111/abc58f.
- Al-Majali, Y., Chirume, C., Marcum, E., Daramola, D., Kappagantula, K., Trembly, J. (2019). Coal-Filler-Based Thermoplastic Composites as Construction Materials: A New Sustainable End-Use Application. 19. ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering; 7: 16870. http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/acssuschemeng.9b04453.
- Estejab, A., Daramola, D., Botte, G. (2015). Mathematical Model of a Parallel Plate Ammonia Electrolyzer for Combined Wastewater Remediation and Hydrogen Production. Water Research; 77: 133-145. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.watres.2015.03.013.
- Daramola, D., Botte, G. (2013). Theoretical study of ammonia oxidation on platinum clusters – Adsorption of intermediate nitrogen dimer molecules. Journal of Colloid and Interface Science; 402: 204-214. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jcis.2013.03.067.
- Daramola, D., Botte, G. (2012). Theoretical study of ammonia oxidation on platinum clusters – Adsorption of ammonia and water fragments. Computational and Theoretical Chemistry; 989: 7-17. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.comptc.2012.02.032.
- Daramola, D., Muthuvel, M., Botte, G. (2010). Density functional theory analysis of raman frequency modes of monoclinic zirconium oxide using gaussian basis sets and isotopic substitution. 29. Journal of Physical Chemistry B; 114: 9323-9329. http:// pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jp9077135.
- Daramola, D., Singh, D., Botte, G. (2010). Dissociation rates of urea in the presence of NiOOH catalyst: A DFT analysis. Journal of Physical Chemistry A; 114: 11513-11521. http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jp105159t.
Book, Chapter in Scholarly Book (1)
- Botte, G., Daramola, D., Muthuvel, M. (2014). Preparative Electrochemistry for Organic Synthesis. 2. Elsevier; 9: 351-389. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-08-097742-3.00940-X.
- Daramola, D., Velraj, S., Trembly, J. (2020). Electrogenerative Oxidative Dehydrogenation as a Process Intensification Platform in Shale Gas Upgrading.