Master's in Coaching Education: Campus-Based
Program Code: MS8141
What the program offers you
The Masters of Coaching Education program is nationally recognized as a leader in preparing coaches to excel at all levels of competition. The curriculum focuses on areas of coaching that directly impact athletic performance and is built around the national standards for sport coaches based on the primary functions, key responsibilities and roles that sport coaches fulfill. As a result, our graduates are equipped with the technical and leadership skills important to maximize team performance and ensure a lasting coaching career.
- Program outline
- Curriculum built around national standards for sport coaches
- 36 semesters hours of course work (required courses and electives)
- Flexible program of study based on the length of time you want to take the master's degree
- Graduate in 1 year: complete in three consecutive academic semesters (e.g. fall, spring, summer 1).
- No GRE required for qualified applicants
- Taught by internationally recognized faculty in coaching
- High Quality Student Support Available
- Financial Aid is available
Application Requirements & Instructions
- Minimum undergraduate grade point average of 2.75 for unconditional admission
- Minimum three years of experience coaching
- Complete online graduate studies application at www.ohio.edu/graduate/apply
- Official copy of transcripts from each post-secondary institution attended
- Resume or CV with educational background, work and coaching experience
- Two-page typed essay that includes information about your background and prior experience, your professional purpose and career goals, and how the Coaching Education program can help you to fulfill your goals.
- Three letters of recommendation using the form provided by the Graduate College. At least one reference must be from someone who can attest to your qualifications in your chosen field and at least one must be from an academic faculty member who can support your ability to produce successful academic work at the graduate level. Please be certain to identify your intended concentration before giving the form to the person providing the reference.
- $50 non refundable application fee
- How and when do I apply?
Tuition Funding Availability
- Opportunities for students hired as Graduate Assistants in intercollegiate athletic teams at Ohio University to gain the perfect degree
- Graduate Teaching Assistantship opportunities to teach Physical Activity & Wellness undergraduate courses - contact Dr. Annie Machamer (email@example.com) for more information.
- Graduate Recruitment Scholarship opportunities in which you would work with the faculty in the program on research, administration and coaching.
For more information, contact: