Bachelor's of Applied Hospitality Management Online
Program Code: BS6184
The online Hospitality Management major leads to a Bachelor of Applied Human and Consumer Sciences degree. The program prepares individuals to expand their career options in hospitality and tourism, or to advance in their current jobs and secure better opportunities in the field.
The program provides engaging, yet, rigorous learning opportunities for the students. Courses are instructed by seasoned professors who bring subject matter expertise and years of experience. Each of our courses consist of a rich blend of learning activities intentionally designed to connect theory and practice.
Opportunities Upon Graduation:
The Hospitality and Tourism industry has seen massive growth in the past few decades. The sector is now worth over 10% of the Global GDP (Travel & Tourism Council). As the industry continues to grow, it is also becoming more complex. Employers are evaluating the skill set, knowledge base, and leadership of potential applicants to attain the highest qualified candidate. This online program will qualify you to speak the language, understand and effectively demonstrate the fundamental principles and leadership practices that are crucial in the industry.
Online and Distance Education is Affordable
Ohio University maintains its commitment to an accessible education through affordable tuition. Academic programs are offered at specific rates in accordance with its campus offerings. No additional requirements beyond University admission requirements for freshman or transfer admission.
Review application instructions including important dates and deadlines HERE
View tuition rates for online and distance programs HERE
Online Education at Ohio University HERE
What the program offers you:
- No matter where you are located, the online program provides you with accessibility and convenience.
- No matter where yo are at in your career, the online program provides you with experiential, hands-on learning that is applicable to your career.
- No matter where you want to head in your career, the online program prepares you with life-long leadership and management skills that serve as an asset throughout your career.
Distinctive spotlights about the program:
- Responsive in real-time to the dynamic environmental and student needs
- Diverse and inclusive faculty
- Local, regional, national and global connections with educators and industry leaders
- Mentoring opportunities with educators and industry leaders
Areas include, but are not limited to:
- Event Planning
- Consumer Behavior
- Hospitality Managment
- Leadership and Change
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Strategic Marketing
- Service Quality
- Tourism Managment
The program's real-world curriculum provides you with an opportunity to examine the various facets of the hospitality and tourism industry. With a cutting-edge curriculum, you will develop the leadership and analytical skills needed to advance your career.
Meet Our Faculty
- Dr. Hyeyoon "Rebecca" Choi, Program Coordinator, Associate Professor, CHE, CHIA
Areas of Instructional Focus: Consumer Behavior, Tourism Management, Service Marketing
- Mr. Donnie Brown, Associate Professor of Instruction
Areas of Instructional Focus: The Private Club Industry, Human Resources, Hospitality Accounting
- Dr. Sandy Chen, Associate Professor, CHE
Areas of Instructional Focus: Consumer Behavior, Marketing, Hotel Operations
- Mr. Thomas "Thom" Stevenson, Assistant Professor of Instruction MA, FSM, CHE, CHIA
Area of Instructional Focus: Foodways/Systems, Restaurant Management and Design, Catering
For more information, contact:
Hyeyoon “Rebecca” Choi, Ph.D., CHIA, CHE | Associate Professor
Program Coordinator, Restaurant, Hotel and Tourism (RHT)
Department of Human and Consumer Sciences
The Patton College of Education
121J McCracken Hall, Athens, OH 45701
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel: 740.593.9983