- Academic Programs
- Office of the Dean
- Office of Student Affairs
- Office of Clinical Experiences
- Office of Assessment and Academic Improvement
- Office of Communication & Design
- Centers and Partnerships
- Faculty and Staff
- Alumni and Development
- News and Events
Documentation for Field Experiences
Prior to beginning field experiences and professional internships, teacher candidates must complete documentation to comply with the requirements of early care and education sites and school districts. Teacher candidates are responsible for keeping copies of all documentation.
All Teacher Education Candidates: All teacher candidates must obtain BCII and FBI background check reports. Reports must be done yearly and submitted to the front desk in McCracken Hall lobby. You can get a background check at OUPD. For other locations, click HERE to go to the Ohio Attorney General Webcheck page. The cost will vary depending on the agency. Payment is your responsibility.
Early Childhood Education Candidates: The State of Ohio licensing laws require that all teacher candidates who are scheduled regularly for work or field experiences in early childhood settings submit the documentation listed below.
- Medical Statement Form: The medical statement is valid for one year. Click HERE to view and print the Early Childhood Medical Statement Form.
- Nonconviction Form: The upper half of the Nonconviction form needs to be completed. It states that you have not been convicted or pled guilty to any of the items listed. Click HERE to view and print the two-page Early Childhood Nonconviction Form.
- Fingerprinting: Both the Ohio (BCII) and FBI civilian background reports are required, regardless of residency. Reports are valid for one year.
- Diploma/Transcript: You will need a copy of your high school diploma or transcript with the date of graduation.
Questions? Contact email@example.com or (740) 593-0676.