Requirements for Clinical Experiences
REQUIREMENTS FOR CLINICAL EXPERIENCES
Prior to beginning any clinical experience, Patton College teacher candidates must complete documentation to comply with the requirements of education sites and school districts. Teacher candidates are responsible for keeping copies of all documentation.
All Patton College Teacher Education Candidates:
- All teacher candidates must secure Ohio BCI and FBI background check reports prior to starting any clinical experiences in any partnering schools. For those students on the Athens campus, these can be obtained at Bobcat Depot, located on the 1st floor of Baker Center. Candidates will be notified of receipt of the reports, and then instructed to pick up their copies to keep for their own records. Teacher candidates who are juniors and seniors should also send a copy to the Ohio Department if Education to ensure a smooth licensure process. Any candidate who does not have a current BCI/FBI report, or who has an expired report, will not be permitted to enter partnering schools to complete clinical experiences. Both BCI/FBI reports must be mailed directly from the fingerprinting agency to:
- Attn: Marcy O'Brien
The Patton College of Education Student Affairs
103 McCracken Hall
Athens, OH 45701
- Attn: Marcy O'Brien
- All teacher candidates must obtain an official Ohio University Patton College photo id nametag. Candidates are to wear the nametags every time they are at placement sites. Placement sites have the right to deny entry without proper identification. On the Athens campus, nametags with OU lanyards are available at the Bobcat Depot, 1st floor of Baker Center.
- All teacher candidates, once achieving Teacher Candidacy Status
- MUST secure a LiveText account. LiveText is an online assessment program that houses surveys, clinical experience data, task templates and other information needed for program accreditation. If you have questions, please contact Marcy O'Brien at email@example.com.
- MUST complete a Professional Internship in Teaching Application. This application will initiate your data for our database. Without the application on file, you will not receive information pertinent to this capstone experience.
All Early Childhood Education Teacher Candidates:
The State of Ohio licensing laws require that all teacher candidates who are scheduled regularly for work or clinical experiences in early childhood settings submit the documentation listed below.
- Medical Statement Form: The medical statement is valid for one year.
- Nonconviction Form: The upper half of the Nonconviction form needs to be completed. It states that you have not been convicted or pled guilty to any of the items listed.
- Fingerprinting: Both the Ohio (BCI) and FBI civilian background reports are required, regardless of residency. Reports are valid for one year.
- Diploma/Transcript: You will need a copy of your high school diploma or transcript with the date of graduation.
- Orientation Form