- Academic Programs
- Office of the Dean
- Office of Student Affairs
- Office of Clinical Experiences
- Office of Assessment and Academic Improvement
- Office of Communication & Design
- Centers and Partnerships
- Faculty and Staff
- Alumni and Development
- News and Events
Private philanthropy has had a rich and dramatic impact on The Gladys W. and David H. Patton College of Education. With the support of alumni, we have been able to establish three Research Professorships that excel at applying research to education program design and delivery. The increasing number of endowed scholarships has continued to enhance the diversity of our student body
Also, the annual Samuel I. Hicks Executive-in-Residence program gives our students and faculty opportunities to interact with and learn from national figures that provide leadership in school and university settings.
I know that as one of our 38,654 alumni, you share a pride in The Patton College and in Ohio University. The margin of excellence that underlies this pride is made possible by the generous private support of alumni and friends like you.
The Patton College works continually to enhance the educational experience for all of our students – at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Among The Patton College’s exciting initiatives that will benefit from your support are:
- The continuation and development of school-university partnerships that support teacher preparation
- Continued preparation of school and university leaders
- The development of residential and other learning communities that improve the academic success and retention of first-year students, provide robust learning experiences and foster student-faculty interaction
- The ongoing support of innovative programming and technological enhancements within The Patton College
- Our second set of five-year priorities, which will guide The Patton College during the 2004-2009 academic years -- The Patton College has set aside $50,000 a year to support program initiatives in support of these priorities. We are now in the third year of priority support, with a total of seven different program initiatives receiving funding to date.
For more information on making a gift to The Gladys W. and David H. Patton College of Education, visit http://www.ohio.edu/development. Or make a gift online at www.ohio.edu/give. Your contribution will help our students achieve their dreams and will support the programs that enable their achievement.
Thank you for your generosity and loyalty to Ohio University.
If you would like to discuss giving opportunities, please contact:
Timothy J. Binegar
Director of Development
N188 Lindley Hall
Athens, Ohio 45701