Skip to: Main Content Search Navigation Secondary Navigation

Special Education/Intervention Specialist Master's

Graduate Master's Degreeclip_image001_0027

A Master's Degree in Education with a major in Special Education is available for a teacher license in the following areas: Intervention Specialist for Mild-to-Moderate Educational needs (K-12); Intervention Specialist for Moderate-to-Intensive Educational needs (K-12) or Early Childhood Intervention Specialist (ages 3-8). Click the following link to view the program requirements for each licensure area. MM-MI-ECIS Graduate Program Sheet - SEMESTERS
The College of Education offers a Master's Degree in Special Education with a major in Inclusion Strategies for General Education. This program is specifically designed for professionals who already hold a teaching license and wish to develop knowledge and skills in the adaptation of instruction, and in developing individualized intervention strategies and universal design for learning for students who have exceptional needs. Note: This program is not currently accepting applications for admission.

For graduate student admission information click HERE.

For the Master's Research Project Guidelines click HERE.

Click HERE to view examples of completed Special Education Master's Research Projects.

Click HERE to view the Special Education Program Area Newsletter.

November Newsletter

Career Options

If you are considering a career in special education, you may find useful information at