Admissions - Recreation Studies
In addition to meeting the general admission requirements of the Graduate College, applicants must provide the following materials before being considered for admission into the master’s program in Recreation Studies:
- Completed application for admission into the Graduate College, which is available online at http://www.ohio.edu/graduate/apply.cfm
- Official transcripts from each post-secondary institution attended.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores are required if your overall undergraduate GPA is less than 2.9 (or less than 3.25 for the last 60 hours of study) on a 4.0 point scale.
- A two-page typed essay that includes information about your background and prior experience, your professional purpose and career goals, and how the Recreation Studies program can help you to fulfill your goals.
- A resume of your educational background and professional work experience.
- Three letters of recommendation using the recommendation form provided by the Graduate College. At least one reference must be from someone who can attest to your qualifications in your chosen field and at least one must be from an academic faculty member who can support your ability to produce successful academic work at the graduate level. Please be certain to identify your intended concentration before giving the form to the person providing the reference.
Applications are accepted year-round.Typically, applications for both admission and financial aid for the next academic year should be received by February 15. International students also must present TOEFL scores (minimum of written 575, computer 233, and online 79 for consideration) and apply by February 1.
Requirements for admission into the Graduate College at Ohio University can found at the following site: http://www.ohio.edu/graduate/apply/admitRequirements.cfm. Note: You must request official scores for the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) be sent directly from the testing agency. Student-supplied photocopies are not accepted as official, but may be included for review and to assist with official score matching. The Ohio University reporting code is 1593.