- hold a current teaching license or certificate (if you are licensed outside of the state of Ohio, please check with your State Department of Education to ensure reciprocity)
- In the case of current seniors, you must have graduated before enrolling in endorsement courses and be in the process of applying for your Ohio teaching license.
- qualify for graduate admission to OHIO’s Patton College of Education as a non-degree seeking candidate
- have an undergraduate GPA of at least 3.00 from an accredited college or university
- be able to find three different students (at different times) to tutor during three of the four courses offered in the program. There will need to be one student from the early childhood level (K-3rd grades), one student from the middle childhood level (4th-9th grades), and one from the adolescent-to-young adult level (7th-12th grades)
- have completed 9-12 credit hours of reading coursework at the undergraduate or graduate level before enrolling in the endorsement program
Follow the step below to begin the application process:
You can apply to the program online using the Graduate Admissions Application for non-degree seeking students.
Click HERE to apply!
In the application process you must have an ApplyWeb user account to provide a secure ID and password --you will be able to establish that account and proceed with your application by clicking the link to the right and then following each of the steps below:
- Scroll down the page and click on the "Application" link
- Read the information and click "I agree"
- After setting up your ApplyWeb user account, click on "Apply Online"
- Choose the "Graduate Admissions Application -- "NonDegree Seeking" link
- Choose the appropriate semester of enrollment
- Click the "Select" button and choose the Reading Education program
- Change the "Campus" from "Athens" to "Web-based"
- Complete the rest of the application by filling in your information
- Complete the application and "Submit" it