- High Achievement: Applicants should show strong academic achievement in high school through a high GPA and high SAT or ACT scores.
- Minimum GPA: 3.5 (4.0 Scale)
- Minimum ACT Composite Score: 25
- Minimum SAT Math & Critical Reading Score: 1130
- Leadership & Involvement: Applicants should show evidence of involvement in extracurricular activities, community service, and leadership roles.
- Personal Essay: Explanation of student’s motivation to be a teacher and how the Honors Program will help achieve that goal.
- Supplemental Essay: A student who does not meet the minimum requirements may submit a supplemental essay with his or her application. The essay should document past extracurricular involvement, leadership experience, and other background considerations that will help admissions counselors understand the applicant’s qualifications for the program.