- Academic Programs
- Office of the Dean
- Office of Student Affairs
- Office of Clinical Experiences
- Office of Assessment and Academic Improvement
- Office of Communication & Design
- Centers and Partnerships
- Faculty and Staff
- Alumni and Development
- News and Events
Superintendent License Program
The Superintendent License Program is Nationally Recognized by the Educational Leadership Constituent Council (ELCC), which is a premier accreditation organization for Educational Administration Programs.
The Superintendent Licensure Program includes a balanced approach of on-line and in-class instruction which is coupled with internships. The program, which can be completed in twelve months, focuses on the managerial, planning/leadership, and human relations responsibilities of district leaders.
The program provides students with an opportunity to gain substantive knowledge about the operations of a school district. This objective, however, is addressed with consideration that the students are nearly all current school leaders--e.g. principals and the like--with a plethora of other responsibilities. Among other things, a total of 9 in-class sessions are scheduled over the course of the entire program.
For admission criteria and application procedures, please refer to this file.
Superintendent License Program Program of Study.
EDAD 6810, Managing the School District (4 semester credit hours)
EDAD 6820, Planning District-Wide Improvement (4 semester credit hours)
EDAD 6915, Internship in Education (4 semester credit hours)
Summer Session I
EDAD 6830, Human Relations at the District Level (4 semester credit hours)
EDAD 6916, Internship in Education (2 semester credit hours)
Total of 18 semester credit hours
For more information about the program, please contact:
Administrative Assistant, Educational Administration Program
- Educational Studies Overview
- Critical Studies in Educational Foundations
- Educational Administration Overview
- General Master's Degree Program
- Principal Preparation Program
- Superintendents License Programs
- Doctoral Program
- Comparative & International Leadership Specialization
- Admissions Requirements & Application Procedures (pdf)
- Scholarships & Financial Aid (pdf)
- Faculty & Staff
- Educational Research & Evaluation
- Instructional Technology
- Undergraduate Diversity Studies Certificate