- Academic Programs
- Office of the Dean
- Office of Student Affairs
- Office of Clinical Experiences
- Office of Assessment and Academic Improvement
- Office of Communication & Design
- Centers and Partnerships
- Faculty and Staff
- Alumni and Development
- News and Events
Program Philosophy & Objectives
For over 40 years, our Master's Degree students have embraced the mission of learning how to enrich the student experience. The program offers knowledge and skills in a distinctive community setting, a learning-living laboratory for studying and enhancing the undergraduate experience.
The core values that guide the mission are:
- "Community" as a mutually empowering learning environment
- "Diversity" as more than the tolerance of difference but a commitment to equity, justice, and affirmation
- "Individuality" as an expression of personal human growth and dignity
- "Holism" as the synergy that must take place between the ideas and activities, the heads and hearts of our learners
- "Service" as an unwavering devotion to the development of human potential
- "Learning" as the primary reason for the existence of institutions of higher education
The program attempts to fulfill its mission by:
- Providing a core of theory, skills, values, and attitudes to help our graduates enrich the student experience.
- Developing understandings about higher education, student affairs functions, college student development, and educational research.
- Assisting students in developing their professional competencies through field experiences that are sequenced appropriately with theory-oriented courses.
- Counseling and Higher Education Overview
- Counselor Education
Higher Education and Student Affairs
- Higher Education and Student Affairs Overview
- Master's in Higher Education
- Master's in College Student Personnel
- Doctoral Degree in Higher Education
- Social Media
- Faculty & Staff