Ohio University

Frequently Asked Questions

Current Students

Who is my advisor?

eCampus academic advisors are assigned to students based on the first letter of the student’s last name. You can see which advisor you are assigned to on the eCampus Advising page. Your advisor’s contact information is listed on that page, as well.

You also can review your advisor assignment in the My OHIO Student Center. Your advisor’s name will be located in the Advisor box on the right side of the page.

Where are the course offerings for eCampus students?

The course offerings for eCampus students are available on the course offerings page. In addition to the fall, spring, and summer eCampus course offerings, you also can view the print-based course list, as well as courses that are available on the Athens Campus and regional campuses.

Where do I buy textbooks?

MBS Direct is OHIO’s official bookstore. Visit the the MBS Direct online bookstore to order books. You may purchase required materials elsewhere as long as you purchase the correct edition that is required for your course.

How do I find a proctor for an examination?

Ohio University works with several proctor sites. For information about proctored examinations at the Athens Campus or one of our regional campuses, visit the on-campus proctoring page. For information about other proctor sites in Ohio or finding an alternate proctor site, visit the off-campus proctoring page.

I need technical assistance. Whom should I contact?

The OIT Service Desk is available to assist you with accessing Blackboard, antivirus software, email, and your OHIO ID and PID. If you have problems or questions, call the OIT Service Desk at 740.593.1222 or submit a request online at www.ohio.edu/oit. Questions about Blackboard can be sent by email to bbsupport@ohio.edu. Please check www.ohio.edu/oit/help for current hours of service.

How do I apply for graduation?

To graduate, all students must apply online or at Registrar Services, Chubb Hall. The application must be submitted no later than the published graduation deadline for the term in which graduation is planned. There is an application fee for graduation. Visit www.ohio.edu/registrar/grd.cfm for more information.

Returning Students

What do I need to do to return to Ohio University after taking off a term or more (re-enroll)?

You are considered to be a re-enrolling student if you take a fall or spring term off, and then decide to return to Ohio University. Taking the summer off does not make you a re-enrolling student.

Students who have attended since 1985 (i.e., student record is in the student information system) must complete the Re-enrollment Form. Students who have not attended since 1985 must complete the Application for Re-enrollment. The forms are available on the Office of the University Registrar’s Forms page.

How do I get a copy of my DARS (Degree Audit Reporting System) report?

Visit www.ohio.edu/registrar/darsonline.cfm for information about how to obtain your DARS report. You will need your OHIO ID and password to get the report.

I attended Ohio University previously, I just need a few more classes to graduate, and I live out of state (or in Ohio but far away from Athens). Can I complete my degree online?

Check with your Academic College to see if this is possible. Depending on your major and what you have left to take, you might be able to take the remaining classes online, through print-based courses or course credit by examination, or through independent study.

Back to Top
Facebook Twitter Instagram