Get involved at OUE with a campus student organization!
The College Republicans gather to discuss politics as well as to organize the young republicans of Ohio University Eastern. Frequently the group assists local candidates and national candidates who are in the area canvassing by making phone calls, knocking on doors, and walking in parades. Last semester the College Republicans were able to meet Senators Rand Paul (KY), John Hoven (ND), and Rob Portman (OH) and also helped with the Trump rally at OUE.
Meets Tuesdays at 2:30 p.m. in Shannon 205
- The OUE Education Club's mission is to provide services to benefit local children. In the past the club has held book drives, book fairs, pop tab drives, and a literacy night. The Education Club has also done such fundraisers as bake sales, raffles, and duck chucks at basketball games. The money raised was used to buy Christmas presents for two local families. The Club also has participated in area events such as the St. Clairsville Christmas Parade, Sugar for Reindeer, and Buckeye Local High School Cultural Fair. Education majors or anyone wanting to help local children are welcomed to join the group.
- If interested in joining contact Dr. Paula McMurray-Schwarz at email@example.com.
- You don't have to be a history major to be involved in the History Club. All that's required is a love of history and travel. Past History Club trips: Washington, D.C., Boston, Philadelphia and Gettysburg. The History Club also hosts a lecture series with interesting topics in history.
- For more information contact faculty advisor Dr. David Castle at 740-699-2331 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Are you interested in things like: video games, board games, TV shows, anime, science, math, or card games? Would you be interested in finding like-minded individuals to share your interests with? Come and be a part of a great group of people on campus by joining the Nerd Club! Generally we gather as a group to talk about interesting topics before splitting into smaller groups to play games. In the past, we’ve had rousing games of Euchre going on right next to Yu-Gi-Oh while others are playing head-to-head video games with each other. Anyone is welcome to come and join us! Take a break from studying on campus to connect with your fellow classmates.
- Thursdays, 2:30-3:30pm, Shannon 319
- Contact faculty advisor Dr. Mary Lenczewski for more information at email@example.com.
OUE Bible Study Club
- A movement of students committed to knowing Christ and making Him known. Activities include: Bible studies, and times of prayer and worship.
- Fall 2016-17: Tuesdays, 2:30pm-3:00pm in Shannon 319.
- Contact Peter Lim at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- A student youth organization affiliated with Rotary International.
- The purpose of Rotaract is to provide an opportunity for young men and women to enhance the knowledge and skills that will assist them in personal development, to address the physical and social needs of their communities, and to promote better relations between all people worldwide through a framework of friendship and service.
- If interested in joining, contact Lisa Jeffries, Recruitment Coordinator, email@example.com.
The Wallflower Alliance is a dedicated and hardworking group of individuals who strive to support the LGBT community on and off campus. They aim to improve awareness for those who are among the LGBT community and intend to be an active organization of encouragement and openness. The Wallflowers will act as an open-arms club while understanding queerness and gender identity.