PRINT MANUALS - IN THE LIBRARY
ASK FOR THE FOLLOWING MANUALS AT THE CIRCULATION DESK:
- MLA Style: MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers, 7th Call # LB2369 .G53 2009
- APA Style: Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, 6th ed. Call # BF76.7 .P83 2010
- Turabian: A Manual for Writers of Term Papers, Theses, and Dissertations, 7th ed. Call # LB2369 .T8 2007
- Chicago: The Chicago Manual of Style, 15th ed. Call # Z253 .U69 2003
ONLINE MANUALS - ON THE WORLD WIDE WEB
THESE WEBSITES ARE A GOOD PLACE TO LOOK FOR EXAMPLES OF CITATION STYLES. IF YOU NEED MORE INFORMATION, CONSULT THE PRINT MANUALS IN THE LIBRARY.
- The Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL) This site includes APA and MLA Formatting and Style Guides, a guide to avoiding plagiarism, and many other resources to make your writing better.
- Writer's Handbook: Documentation Styles Provides examples of citation formats from MLA, APA, Chicago/Turabian, APSA, and CBE style guides.
- Social Sciences: Documenting Sources A good site to learn APA style for in-text citations and reference lists.
- Humanities: Documenting Sources A good site to learn MLA style for in-text citations and works cited lists.
- History: Documenting Sources A good site to learn Chicago style for footnotes, end notes and bibliographies.
- Sciences: Documenting Sources A good site to learn CSE style for in-text citations and reference lists.
- Introduction to Basic Legal Citation
- APA Reference Style: Tightening Up Your Citations This Webpage is for APA style only.
- Guide to Citation Style Guides A collection of links to more citation style pages.
- Citation Machine Fill in the forms on this page and, with a click of the mouse, a citation appears for both APA and MLA formats.