A valid Ohio University ID or OU Library card is required to check out library materials. The OUE library extends borrowing privileges to the university community and to the local community.
|Books owned by OU||Books owned by OhioLINK libraries||Interlibrary Loan|
|Undergraduate students||End of Semester||3 weeks with up to 6 renewals||Length of loan can vary, check the label on the item. Number of renewals can vary, ask interlibrary loan|
|Faculty/Staff||End of Semester||3 weeks with up to 6 renewals|
Loan Periods for Other Items
- Magazines and journals - 3 days
- Audio-Visual Materials - 1 week
- Children's Books - 1 week
- Reference Books - In library use only
You will be sent a courtesy notice by e-mail to your OHIO account several days before your book is due.
Check your library record to see when your materials are due.
Books may be renewed in person in the library or online.
To renew online, go to the OU Eastern Library homepage. Click on the Renew Books link.
You will be notified by email when the book is overdue.
You will be charged a replacement fee for items 30 days or more overdue1.
- Athens campus libraries, regional campus libraries, and Annex
- $100 including a non-refundable $25 processing fee
- $125 including a non-refundable $50 processing fee
- Interlibrary loan
- Fees can vary, please talk to interlibrary loan staff
1Course reserves and other short term loan items will be charged if the items is 3 days or more overdue.
Nonpayment of fines or failure to return materials will result in the loss of library privileges for community members and a hold placed on student university and library records.