Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do I need to have taken the ACT or SAT to apply to Ohio University Eastern?
- No. Ohio University Eastern is open admissions, so the ACT/SAT is not required but is encouraged.
2. How do I apply to Ohio University Eastern?
- There are several ways you can apply. You may apply on our website: ohio.edu/eastern or we can mail an information packet which will include information on how to apply online. You may also stop by the Student Services office for assistance. Paper applications are available upon request. There is a $20.00 application fee.
3. How can I check the status of my application?
- All students receive an acknowledgement letter. This letter contains your PID# (an alternative to your social security number) and instructions on how to activate your MyOhio Student Center. There you can view your application status, financial aid status and any items required for final admittance.
4. How will I know if I have been accepted?
- After you’ve sent transcripts, you will receive an official acceptance letter in the mail. It may take four to six weeks for the processing of your application materials.
5. How do I apply for financial aid?
- You should apply online at www.fafsa.ed.gov
6. What is Ohio University Eastern's school code for FAFSA?
7. How can I check the status of my financial aid?
Please visit your MyOhio Student Center under the Finances tab at the View Financial Aid link.
- General financial aid information can be found by visiting ohio.edu/financialaid.
8. How do I accept my financial aid?
- The Financial Aid Office sends out award letters around the end of March. You will receive your award letter electronically and will be able to view, accept, and/or decline your award in your MyOhio Student Center.
9. How do I register for an orientation or placement test?
To register for classes, visit www.ohio.edu/eastern to sign up for one of our registration sessions. You can also do so by calling Student Services at 740-699-2536.
You can register for New Student Orientation on our website www.ohio.edu/eastern or by calling the Student Services Office at 740-699-2536.
- You will not be able to register for any math or English courses without taking an ACT or skills assessment test first. To register for a skills assessment test call the library at 740-699-2519.
10. If I have been a student at Ohio University Eastern previously and want to return, do I need to fill out another application?
- No. If you have ever registered for classes, you do not need to fill out another application. If for any reason you sit out for a semester, you will need to fill out a re-enrollment form. If you have applied but never registered for classes, then you will need to fill out a new application.
11. What if my address and phone number have changed?
- You can make changes to your address and phone number in your MyOhio Student Center under the Demo.
12. Why do I have a hold on my account?
- There could be several reasons why a hold is placed on your account. You can find what hold has been placed on your account by visiting http://my.ohio.edu and choosing Student Center. On the right side of the screen select Details and Holds.
13. How do I order my transcripts from Ohio University?
- Transcripts can be ordered on line through the Registrar's web page at http://www.ohio.edu/registrar/transcri.cfm or you can stop in Student Services and fill out a request form. All transcripts are mailed from the main campus in Athens.
14. How can I find the final exam schedule?
- The final exam schedule can be found at http://www.ohio.edu/registrar/finals.cfm
15. If I have attended another university, do I have to submit transcripts to Ohio University?
- Yes. If you have enrolled in classes at any other institution, it is required to have those transcripts sent to Ohio University for evaluation.
For other questions and information please visit the following web site www.ohio.edu/registrar/faq.cfm