Career Services provides services and resources to support professional growth and leadership skill development for students and alumni.
Additional Career Services information:
- Eastern Career Services Information
- Career Resources
- Career Services Info for Employers
- Career Services Info for Faculty & Staff
Why visit Career Services?
- Collaborate with a career coach to consider major and career options
- Develop leadership skills through individualized leadership coaching
- Prepare for a job or graduate school interview with a mock interview
- Gain a leadership certificate and develop a deeper understanding of leadership through the leadership series options
- Identify involvement opportunities that support your personal and professional goals
- Get insight from a career coach on the ins-and-outs of career development, such as networking, writing a resume and cover letter, job searching, and more.
Schedule a Visit with Us
We offer one-on-one services for career coaching and mock interviews. You can also take advantage of 10-minute drop-ins, just stop by.
Appointments are scheduled through Handshake.
- Shannon Hall Suite 101
- Operation Hours: 8:00 am — 5:00 pm
- Drop-In Hours: 11:00 am — 4:45 pm
Gain personalized attention through career coaching. Whether you are exploring major or career options, preparing a resume, or job searching, our career coach customizes appointments to meet your priorities.
- Monday – Friday, 9 am - 4:45 pm
- Thirty-minute career coaching appointments allow for extended time to discuss any career-related question.
- Schedule online
- Monday - Friday, 11 am - 4:45 pm
- Ten-minute career coaching drop-ins allow for brief feedback about a career-related need. These sessions are frequently used for quick resume feedback or for general questions about career and leadership development.
- Stop by our office
Enhance your interviewing skills through a Career Services mock interview and gain valuable insights for improving your performance.
- Please arrive 5 - 10 minutes before your appointment time. Business casual or business professional dress is encouraged to practice a live interview setting, but it is not required for the mock interview. Bringing a copy of your current resume is also encouraged for the mock interview, but not required.
- Schedule online
- Students are expected to keep appointments. If you cannot come to an appointment, please cancel by contacting our office via email or phone.
Year after year, employers report preferring candidates with work experience. Whether it is an on-campus job, research position, internship, or leadership position with a student organization, Career Services recommends you graduate with experience you can point to.
Handshake is the place for students to search and apply for internships, co-ops, part-time and full-time jobs in your field and are pivotal in demonstrating relevant experience to an employer. Ohio University uses Handshake, the leading career platform used by 500+ colleges and by more than 250,000 employers to search and apply.
You can also utilize Handshake to:
- Upload a resume and complete your online career profile
- Allow your online career profile and resume to be viewable by employers
- Learn which employers are attending upcoming Career Fairs
- View upcoming local and on-campus career events
- Research contact information for local and national employers
- Search for and apply to open positions
Login today to complete your profile and put your best self forward to employers. And, be sure to download Handshake Mobile (iOS) to discover jobs on the go and to stay on track with reminders for application deadlines and direct messages from employers.
Handshake Hints & Training:
Handshake provides free access to a variety of on-line resources and help tutorials.
- 2-minute how-to videos
- Handshake's online training website
- Handshake iOS app
Find a position on campus
Ohio University Eastern offers diverse opportunities for students throughout campus. Find work in administrative support, marketing and communications, retail, food service, research, education, health and wellness and more! Stop by Student Services for details!
Students and alumni can use Handshake to schedule appointments with Career Services. Handshake is a modern career development platform that connects you with employers, career events and one-on-one services. Login with your OHIO ID and password. For extra guidance in scheduling an appointment, see Handshake’s useful guide.
Career Services offers one-on-one services Monday-Friday between 9 am-4:45 pm.
Career Services will host networking opportunities, employer panel discussions, career fairs and workshops to assist students and alumni with employability skills and establishing and maintaining relationships with employers to identify experiential, networking and employment opportunities.
Activities and events will be promoted on Handshake.