A weekly radio show may be of special interest to you. "OUE Today" is a public affairs radio broadcast examining issues and topics of interest to the Ohio Valley. The radio show is broadcast each Monday at 6:30 p.m. on WOUB-FM (89.1).
The show's host and producer is Jay Morris. Student producers and talent also assist in the production of "OUE Today." If you are a student and interested in participating in future production of "OUE Today," contact Jay Morris at firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by his office in Room 215 of Shannon Hall.
OUE Today Archives
“OUE Today” has been airing for nearly three decades. The show discusses issues and topics of interest to the Ohio Valley. Jay Morris has produced the show for 25 years. He has been the host since 2011. Past hosts of “OUE Today” have been Michael Kaiser, Michael McTeague, Bobbi Toth, Sarah Mahan-Hays, and David Castle.
- November 30, 2015
- The Toy and Train Museum
- November 23, 2015
- Birding with Caron Lawson
- November 16, 2015
- John Whitehead and the movie "Psycho"
- November 9, 2015
- Michael McTeague (part 2)
- November 2, 2015
- Michael McTeague (part 1)
- October 26, 2015
- Dr. Tom Flynn and films
- October 19, 2015
- Wallflower Alliance
- October 12, 2015
- Lisa Kirchner
- September 28, 2015
- Student Services
- September 21, 2015
- John Whitehead 2
- September 14, 2015
- John Whitehead
- August 31, 2015
- Lisa Kirchner
- April 27, 2015
- OU Eastern student musicians are producing a fundraising concert. Kim Butler, Cody Starkey, Zoe Buscella, Aaron Tiger, and Roman Stinespring perform.
- April 20, 2015
- Arbor Day is next week, so local nature photographer and activist Daniel Caron discusses taking time to spend with nature.
- April 13, 2015
- Dr. Tom Flynn is joined by some of his students who publish the publication, “Zeitgeist.” The student publication showcases poetry, short stories, art and photography.
- April 6, 2015
- Jennifer Kellner-Muscar of OU Eastern’s Student Services discusses the academic and extracurricular highlights of attending OU Eastern.
- March 30, 2015
- OU Eastern student Taylor Porter is a singer/songwriter. She performs some of her original work and favorite covers.
- March 23, 2015
- Bellaire attorney Dan Frizzi chairs the history seminars at the Bellaire Public Library. His topic of interest is Bellaire’s Sol White, who is considered one of the first black men to play integrated professional baseball.
- March 9, 2015
- March is National Poetry month. English professor Dr. Tom Flynn talks about Ohio Valley poets including James Wright.
- February 23, 2015
- History professor Dr. David Castle discusses achievements and key figures for Black History month.
- February 16, 2015
- Host Jay Morris, and English professors Dr. David Noble and Dr. Thomas Flynn give their picks for the upcoming Oscars.
- February 9, 2015
- President’s Day is celebrated in a unique way. OU Eastern political scientists and historians Mr. Michael McTeague, Dr. David Castle and Dr. Kevin Spiker pick the most underrated presidents and the worst presidents in U.S. history.
- February 2, 2015
- Artist Skip Rhode is a U.S. Naval veteran who was stationed in Afghanistan. He chose local Afghans for his works of art. He appeared during International Education Week at OU Eastern.
- January 26, 2015
- Local historian Jean Finstein and Judi Hendrickson lecture about the past scandals in Wheeling history: “Ripped from the Headlines.”
- December 9, 2014
Leigh Huggins is a mental health counselor. She discusses ways to cope with depression and other mental health issues .
- November 17, 2014
Author, yoga instructor, blogger and lecturer Lisa L. Kirchner discusses her latest book about living in Qatar. She lectured at OU Eastern as part of International Education Week.
- November 10, 2014
- New OUE men’s basketball coach Jordan Barbina discusses the upcoming season with some of his student athletes.
- November 3, 2014
OUE professors Mr. Michael McTeague and Dr. Kevin Spiker discuss the latest in local, state, and national politics.
- October 27, 2014
- OUE students Jeff Brown, Will Burnham and Joe Nielson discuss their favorites things related to Halloween: horror films, local Halloween spook houses, and video games.
- October 20, 2014
- George Bartley is an Edgar Allan Poe impersonator. He travels the country spreading the good works of Poe to school groups, libraries, and civic organizations.
- October 13, 2014
Travis Langley is an academic who teaches a course in all things Batman. He has also has a published a book about the Batman influence on pop culture.
- October 6, 2014
- Wheeling Jesuit University professor John Whitehead heads up the Wheeling Film Society screenings at the Towngate Theater.
- September 30, 2014
- Wheeling Jesuit University professor John Whitehead has published a book about the films of director Mike Nichols.
- September 22, 2014
- Times Leader Sports Editor Seth Staskey talks about what makes Ohio Valley high school football king.
- September 15, 2014
Director of Ohio University Cambridge Center Jay Morris discusses the newest Ohio University Center and Mark Waters discusses the attributes of OU Eastern’s newest major: biology.
- September 8, 2014
Jeff Brown and Joe Nielson re-cap the summer’s top movies. What was a hit and what was a miss.September 15, 2014
- April 21, 2014
- Jeff Brown discusses upcoming, "blockbuster" movies
- March 14, 2014
- Mark Harshman, poet laureate of West Virginia
- January 27, 2014
- Jeff Brown and Michael Schor, coordinator of the BSAM (Bachelor of Science in Applied Management) program
- November 18, 2013
- Unseen wounds of war with Jon Looney and Michael Novotny
- November 4, 2013
- Jeff Brown with the OVAC Executive Secretary Tom Rataiczak
- October 28, 2013
- Halloween with Jeff Brown and Tiffany Baumgardner
- October 14, 2013
- Lisa Jeffries discusses Internship and Career Services office at OUE
- September 9, 2013
- New dean Dr. Paul Abraham and Associate Dean Michael McTeague