OHIO Men of Excellence Network (O-MEN)
The OHIO Men of Excellence Network (O-MEN) is an academic support and student engagement initiative designed to increase, encourage, and support the inclusion and educational success of diverse male-identifying students over the course of their entire undergraduate experience. O-MEN promotes success academically, personally, and professionally, while catalyzing valuable leadership skills.
Spring 2021 Virtual Information Sessions
- Thursday, February 4 at 4:30 pm
- Tuesday, February 9 at 5:30 pm
- Monday, February 15 at 4:30 pm
Build a Social Network
- Build a bond with cohort members over several years
- Connect with professional mentors
- Connect with an upper-class student peer mentor
- Network across the OHIO community with diverse students, faculty, staff, and alumni
Develop Academic Success Skills
- Learn about university offices and programs available to support academic success and financial aid
- Work toward graduation with an ever-expanding support system
Engage in the Community
- Learn about and get involved with diverse and unique aspects of student life
- Participate in and lead activities on campus and in the local community
- Engage in community service
- Help strengthen a culture of inclusion for diverse male-identifying students at OHIO
Be Ready to Lead
- Serve as a mentor to junior members
- Prepare for the workforce
The OHIO Men of Excellence Network (O-MEN) is an academic support and student engagement initiative designed to increase, encourage, and support the inclusion and educational success of underrepresented diverse male-identifying undergraduate students at Ohio University.
Open to all students, the vision of the OHIO Men of Excellence Network (O-MEN) is to create a cohort model that provides additional layers of academic and social support for male-identifying undergraduate students from populations that are underrepresented at OHIO University.