Patient Education Classes
Free Diabetes Self Management Training (DSMT)
The Diabetes Self Management Training is a series of free classes "Diabetes and Me" to teach individuals with diabetes how to manage the disease and take back control of their life. The classes cover critical topics in diabetes including the disease process, healthy eating and exercise, medication management, monitoring blood glucose levels, preventing secondary complications, and psychological management.
- DSMT Class A: What do I do now?
- Intro To DM, Monitoring, Goal Setting/Problem Solving
- DSMT Class B: What can I eat?
- Healthy Eating, Being Active
- DSMT Class C: How can I take control?
- Taking Meds., Healthy Coping, Reducing Risk
- DSMT Class D: How can I stay on track?
- Reinforcing behavioral change and healthy coping
To sign up for classes call 740-566-4880.
National Diabetes Prevention Program Classes
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention-led National Diabetes Prevention Program will help you learn ways to change your lifestyle and improve your health. Participants meet in a group setting with a trained Lifestyle Coach to learn how to make modest lifestyle changes.
To learn more click here