Patient Education Classes
Diabetes Self Management Training (DSMT)
The Diabetes Self Management Training is a series of free classes to teach individuals with diabetes how to manage the disease and take back control of their life. The classes cover critical topics in diabetes including the disease process, healthy eating and exercise, medication management, monitoring blood glucose levels, preventing secondary complications, and psychological management.
- DSMT Class A: What do I do now?
- Intro To DM, Monitoring, Goal Setting/Problem Solving
- DSMT Class B: What can I eat?
- Healthy Eating, Being Active
- DSMT Class C: How can I take control?
- Taking Meds., Healthy Coping, Reducing Risk
- DSMT Class D: How can I stay on track?
- Reinforcing behavioral change and healthy coping
"Diabetes and Me"
Our Program Addresses the Following Critical Topics in Diabetes Management:
|*Diabetes disease process
*Monitoring glucose levels
*Goal setting and problem solving
To sign up for classes call 740-566-4877 or 566-4872