The Office of the Dean of Students advances the educational mission of Ohio University and the Division of Student Affairs by facilitating students’ knowledge, understanding, and utilization of institutional resources by providing a critical support structure and out-of-class learning opportunities that enrich the overall OHIO student experience.
We accomplish this by:
- Advising student leaders, student organizations and special events;
- Advocating within the university and the community for all students and their needs;
- Challenging and supporting students to accept responsibility for their choices;
- Collaborating strategically with the campus and Athens communities to maximize student benefits by providing a seamless experience;
- Coordinating processes that uphold OHIO’s values of civility, community, character, citizenship and commitment;
- Creating opportunities and initiatives designed to encourage students to be academically successful through out-of-class experiences;
- Educating and consulting with faculty, staff and students to provide holistic support;
- Employing students and providing 21st century work skills
- Engaging students to become local and global citizens;
- Preventing and responding to crises;
- Promoting a campus environment that encourages diversity, community and mutual respect for the rights and property of others;
- Providing timely, helpful information to parents and families to aid in the success of their Ohio University student; and
- Providing opportunities that enhance student health and wellness.