Ohio University: Center for Teaching & Learning Course Design Studio
Date: December 7 through December 11, 2009
Time: 9 AM — 5 PM each day
Location: Faculty Commons
Offered By: Academic Technology; Center for Teaching & Learning; Center for Writing Excellence
An intensive Course Design Studio will be offered the week of December 7 – 11 for up to 20 faculty who wish to design or design a course or part of a course.* The Studio is a week-long opportunity that is intended to provide participants with a tangible and implementable outcome. During the week, participants will be provided individual assistance, hands-on workshops and group discussion and sharing opportunities.
The Center for Teaching and Learning, Center for Writing Excellence, and Academic Technology will provide daily consultation and technical assistance.
- Collaborative work environment in the Faculty Commons (Alden Library, 3rd Floor)
- Computer workstation access for each participant
- Breakout sessions for group discussions
- Lunch provided daily
- Voluntary access to workshops led by the sponsoring centers:
- Academic Technology
- Center for Teaching & Learning
- Center for Writing Excellence
Each day of the Studio will include a combination of production time for course development, group discussions, and customized workshops.
Faculty participants agree to:
- meet with facilitators prior to the start of the Studio to allow us to understand their needs and requirements
- be available from 9 am to 5 pm throughout the week of December 7-11 to work in the Studio on their course (re)design
- make a brief presentation of their work on the final day of the Studio
* Applications were due October 30. A second Course Design Studio may be offered during Summer 2009.
For more information, please contact Candi Morris at firstname.lastname@example.org.