Ohio University: Center for Teaching & Learning About CTL
Faculty Commons, Alden Library 301
The Center for Teaching & Learning (CTL) works collaboratively with university colleagues to enhance the connection between teaching and learning. The Center offers workshops, discussion series, individual consultations, and other programs and resources for faculty, teaching associates, and instructional staff.
Through Center programs and activities, colleagues across the university share teaching and learning ideas and expertise with one another, learn of new developments in the scholarship of teaching and learning, and strengthen teaching skills and strategies. At the heart of such efforts is a core value of enhancing — potentially transforming — students' intellectual growth and skill acquisition, and promoting their development as individuals and as engaged citizens.
Goals of the Center for Teaching & Learning
- Respond to the teaching and professional development needs of faculty, instructors, and graduate students at different points in their careers
- Encourage mentoring relationships within the teaching and learning community
- Promote leadership roles of faculty and other colleagues in teaching and learning initiatives, including graduate students as future faculty
- Strengthen linkages between the Center and other programs and units across the university that also are integral to the teaching and learning missions of the university
- Foster collaborative initiatives in the scholarship of teaching and learning
- Highlight excellence in teaching and learning at Ohio University