Coping Clinic is an online, drop-in workshop that focuses on developing and practicing coping skills. Coping Clinic is psycho-educational and supportive in nature. It allows you to share your experiences in a group setting, without a full semester commitment.
Coping Clinic occurs during the fall and spring semesters and is a resource that can be utilized throughout the semester, between counseling sessions, or as you wait to get connected to services. This service does not replace individual or group mental health treatment. Students do not have to be a client or currently located in the state of Ohio to take part.
Typical Presenting Concerns
- Academic stress
- Feeling unrelaxed
- Over worrying
- Poor sleep hygiene
- Loneliness and feeling isolated
- Time management
- Effective communication
Strategies Discussed in Clinics
- Mindfulness and mediation techniques
- Deep breathing exercises
- Progressive muscle relaxation
- Self-care routines (e.g., sleep, exercise)
- Skills for managing unhelpful thoughts
- Skills to increase academic success
- Skills to facilitate communication
The preceding lists are examples and do not represent the full scope of presenting concerns or strategies covered.
Attending a Clinic
Coping Clinics are facilitated through Microsoft Teams. You will be required to use your OHIO email to join. As a result, your name will be visible to other participants.
- Do not use the chat feature during the meeting, because the chat conversations can be accessed after each meeting ends.
- Leave the conversation after the meeting is over. This will prevent notifications of future meetings.
- Join promptly — please log in no later than 5 minutes after the listed start time.
Call the main line (740) 593-1616, if you have problems accessing a workshop through the provided links.
Fall 2022 Coping Clinics
Dates, times, themes, and facilitators are noted below. To join, simply click the date and time you would like to attend! You will be redirected to join the Coping Clinic meeting via Microsoft Teams.
- Mondays at 11AM Emotion Regulation with Ibrahim Akmese
- Tuesdays at 1PM Effective Communication Skills with Jennifer Isiko
- Wednesdays at 2PM Finding Self Compassion with Richa Bhatia
- Thursdays at 3PM Therapeutic Writing with Andrew Kirsop and Identity Development/Who Am I? with Kevin David (rotating weeks)
- Fridays at 1PM Building Distress Tolerance Skills with Olivia Adams
Follow us on Twitter for the latest information on daily Coping Clinic topics!